Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    Buzz!!!!
    One of my all time favorites from Jim Kobe Steakhouse...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      **** you SPEShockAlum
      Jeez thats harsh. I hope Jim Kobe is an inside joke between the two of you. :)

Comment

• What is the future of Wichita sports media? We have such a hole. I like the younger guy at KWCH, Albrechct? I dislike all the KAKE guys. Sports Daily is a complete joke. Lutz is pretty good, but he writes like 1 story a week, which I think is the Eagle's doing more so than his. Sully is a good writer, but honestly, look at how other cities, KC, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, ect. cover their main teams. There is a much bigger presence on social media, and a heck of a lot more content than the Eagle puts out.

There is a major void that needs to be filled in this town.

Comment

• They need to hire local people to cover local sports. There is so much national sports on TV that there is no reason to cover national sports. Hiring locally for sports allows for a better broadcast. These "out of towners" can't identify with the local colleges - high schools and basically just read the news. Local sports should be just that. When Bruce was at KWCH I watched them exclusively and I thought their coverage was very good. It has since become unwatchable and I have switched to KSN, even though their broadcasts are painful they at least cover WSU as their primary subject.

Comment

• I remember Dave Armstrong doing sports for KSN before he moved on to bigger things. I always like Mark Ewing too when he was at KWCH. I remember reading he grew up in McPherson, so he understood Wichita pretty good. I thought Rich Smith, a Kapaun grad I think, did a pretty good at KWCH as well, as did Jim Kobbe. I can't think of anyone at KAKE - I guess I never watched them much for sports, but always liked listening to Leon Liebl at KSN. Seems these days I turn on the sports and it's a new person every few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fozzy View Post
              I remember Dave Armstrong doing sports for KSN before he moved on to bigger things. I always like Mark Ewing too when he was at KWCH. I remember reading he grew up in McPherson, so he understood Wichita pretty good. I thought Rich Smith, a Kapaun grad I think, did a pretty good at KWCH as well, as did Jim Kobbe. I can't think of anyone at KAKE - I guess I never watched them much for sports, but always liked listening to Leon Liebl at KSN. Seems these days I turn on the sports and it's a new person every few weeks.
              I was always amazed at how much more presentable they were able to make Kobbe look on TV.

Comment

I remember Dave Armstrong doing sports for KSN before he moved on to bigger things.

If by "bigger things" you mean beaker genitalia then I guess so. Armstrong was in the top 10 biggest phonies and pracks I've ever had the displeasure of being in the same room. With any luck, he's dying a slow death from some horrible venereal disease that is eating it's way from his colon outward.

Comment

I remember Dave Armstrong doing sports for KSN before he moved on to bigger things. I always like Mark Ewing too when he was at KWCH. I remember reading he grew up in McPherson, so he understood Wichita pretty good. I thought Rich Smith, a Kapaun grad I think, did a pretty good at KWCH as well, as did Jim Kobbe. I can't think of anyone at KAKE - I guess I never watched them much for sports, but always liked listening to Leon Liebl at KSN. Seems these days I turn on the sports and it's a new person every few weeks.
                  We need stability.
                  Bring back Webb Smith, Jack Miller and Gus Grebe!

Comment

• There was a definitive emphasis on 'no one in the athletic department gave me this news, these are my sources' in his 10 p.m. report. Something tells me he is not making many friends inside the arena with his breaking news report.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
                      There was a definitive emphasis on 'no one in the athletic department gave me this news, these are my sources' in his 10 p.m. report. Something tells me he is not making many friends inside the arena with his breaking news report.
                      Not to be a smart ass but who is he?

Comment

If by "bigger things" you mean beaker genitalia then I guess so. Armstrong was in the top 10 biggest phonies and pracks I've ever had the displeasure of being in the same room. With any luck, he's dying a slow death from some horrible venereal disease that is eating it's way from his colon outward.
                        Bahahaha, you just made my night.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Not to be a smart ass but who is he?
                          Kunkel from Channel 12.

Comment

If I hear "let's step aside," or "who would have thunk it" one more time I will vomit. He was a fairly good golfer and I enjoyed taking him to the wood shed on a couple of occasions on the links.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                              We need stability.
                              Bring back Webb Smith, Jack Miller and Gus Grebe!
                              I really liked Mark Allan and Ross McCallum at KAKE a zillion years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                                If I hear "let's step aside," or "who would have thunk it" one more time I will vomit. He was a fairly good golfer and I enjoyed taking him to the wood shed on a couple of occasions on the links.
                                Isn't that behind the woodshed? Otherwise, what happened in the woodshed should stay in the woodshed

He seems like the type that would hockey his ball, so to speak? Hit an orange one in the woods, hit a white one out.

Comment

Working...
                                X