#12 WSU @ #18 UNI - Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    I wasn't able to watch. Was there a court-storming?
    No there wasn't. They acted like they belonged and if today results are indication they do belong.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      I ain't even mad.

We'll beat them here and St Louis.
      That's how I feel. I knew UNI would be all-out for their Super Bowl. I sort of expected it. I expected more effort and planning on our end though.

1 bad game a year can happen. We're still 9-1 and 18-3. UNI finally caught up with us for a week.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 60% shooting to 35% will cause you to lose 95% of the time. UNI played good, but can't give their D that much credit. The majority of misses were open shots and they made lots of contested ones

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          Thing is. We will still be good next year.

UNI graduates their Srs and will suck.
          And they sucked for a stretch prior to this year.

UNI will only have success in a bell curve fashion, from one season to another. Blips every few years.

WSU's success is pretty damn flat, in a good way.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            I ain't even mad.

We'll beat them here and St Louis.
            My fiancee said, "I'm really sorry, babe" and I told her, "Games like this don't bother me as much because this is a solid team who played excellent defense and we just couldn't buy a shot. It's the close ones we lose in the final seconds that hurt."
            Go Shocks!!

Comment

• If the way we approach games costs us 1 while winning 17.

I'll take it.

Im a little disappointed, but I haven't felt this way in a long time.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

UNI will only have success in a bell curve fashion, from one season to another. Blips every few years.

Bingo.

We'll be preseason Top 20 yet again (yawn). They'll be preseason 7th in the Valley.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Damn right.

The day we aren't the other teams' Super Bowl is when I get upset.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• It seems like everyone in the thread right now is pretty level-headed. If some people start to melt down, can FSF or someone make a sunshine pumper thread for people like me?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Painful. UNI played well. The Shockers played poorly. The result predictable.

Exactly zero Shockers played well today. UNI clearly the better team today..

Still it's not the end of the world. It is just one loss and counts the same as if we had lost by 1 point in triple overtime.

I would be surprised if the Shocks don't bounce back with a vengeance but for now UNI has to be considered top dog in the Valley. For now.
                      I thought Shaq played well for a RS freshman big man.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        No court storming for the biggest win in program history? Interesting.
                        Maybe UNI thinks they've made it to the big time where you don't need to do a court storming when you beat a good team.

Comment

• My biggest problem is that our offense was bad in the first half and we just kept doing the same things in the second. Very poor halftime adjustment (there was no adjustment). It was the same thing in the GWU game--and UNI played a lot better than GWU.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                            It seems like everyone in the thread right now is pretty level-headed. If some people start to melt down, can FSF or someone make a sunshine pumper thread for people like me?
                            We're still in first place!

Comment

• Just made STL more interesting. Last year was pretty boring, like a Harlem globetrotter game

Comment

• UNI A+ game - WSU D+ game = 16

Comment

Working...
                                X