No announcement yet.

#14 Wichita State @ Missouri State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here I am getting face-guarded... that's a foul!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Nice line by Gavin Thurman...................

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
        Don't know the exact reason it isn't a foul, but I know that I see the hand smack like that all the time when a hand goes in the face while guarding...
        You see it all the time but generally not with as much force as Ruder used. OTOH, based on the face-guarding rule cited above it appears Tekele was pushing that envelope to the edge as well. I wonder how may players even know the face-guarding rule?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          You think WSU would be ranked higher and seeded better if they finish with 3 losses than if they finish with 2?
          No. I don't. I was being somewhat sarcastic given the polls response to us in recent weeks. In no way shape or form do I think we need to lose a game. Whatever value we would get out of a loss, we already have from the two we have now...
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            Here it is from BEARS77 along with another from DoubleJayAlum http://www.mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php...d427f154d0e378

I started that thread on MVCFans is November, 2012 and it's still on the front page of MVCFans. Lately, it only gets adds for national honors for Baker or VanVleet.
            You may lose your bet on a technicality, as Baker may not be causing any pain for the Valley next year because he will be in the NBA.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
              You think WSU would be ranked higher and seeded better if they finish with 3 losses than if they finish with 2?
              I suppose that is possible. Depending on who you lose to and where the games were played. Wouldn't, for example, 2 home losses to say Bradley and SIU be worse than 3 road losses to UNI, Evansville and Illinois State.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Knock knock
                2blowjay: Who's there
                Owen
                2blowjay: Owen who?
                0-7

but, but we have Rick Kreklow, he's a really good player.
                Took your material and used it on Twitter, Doc. Call me Kenny Bania. They should call it Roundtine.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Would like to see Glass put on about 15 pounds of muscle. Like his energy. Would
                  like to see him first one off the bench Sunday working with four of the starters.

Comment

• Nice work kai!

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      Would like to see Glass put on about 15 pounds of muscle. Like his energy. Would
                      like to see him first one off the bench Sunday working with four of the starters.
                      I don't know, if we're talking about big guys at WSU who need to put some additional meat on their frames TG isn't the first, or even the second player that comes to mind.

Cough... Nurger.

Cough... Wamukota.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I have a question for @ShockRef or any of the college officials.

In the 2nd half, Fred drives in from the right side and shoots an air ball just over the rim. In the battle for the rebound the ball is knocked around and clearly bangs against the bottom of the rim. WSU regains possession and resets the offense when the shot clock goes off. HCGM and the players were saying it hit the rim but on replay Bruce said because it wasn't a shot attempt they didn't reset. That can't be the rule can it? They just missed the call, kind of like Gonzaga right?
                        Ironically the same situation occurred in the Creighton/Butler game last night. Air ball, guys going for the rebound, ball goes off the side of the rim. They reset the shot clock. The announcers said that was the correct call.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          Nice work kai!
                          No kidding....dynamite drop in of Kenny Bania too.

Comment

• Springfield News Leader report on WSU @ MSU.

Springfield News Leader story on why Paul Lusk will not be fired.

Comment

• Looking forward to reports from Shockernetters who were in attendance at the MSU game.

Comment

• From the Bears Board:

Posted by ursidae:
                                Ten years ago there was much discussion on this board about the name change and how it should be a big plus to our athletic programs. There may have been good reason for the name change but the impact on our athletic programs has not occurred.
                                Posted By SMSU65:
                                What's in a name?? Whenever I google MSU I get Michigan State, Mississippi State, Montana State, Mankato State, and somewhere down the page I get Missouri State. At least when it was SMSU people who knew who you were and where the Bears were from. Tigers don't have spots and leopards don't have stripes!!! You are who and what you are.
                                Pasted by slash12376:
                                I agree. If I wear an MSU hat anywhere outside of Springfield, people want to talk Mississippi St football with me. I think they should at least change it to MOSU. At least that stands out from the crowd.

Comment

Working...
                                X