No announcement yet.

#14 Wichita State @ Missouri State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baker chipped a tooth within the first 5 minutes while diving for a rebound. He tossed the chipped piece off the court and stayed in the game.

-From AP write up. http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/gameca...version=mobile

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      Baker chipped a tooth within the first 5 minutes while diving for a rebound. He tossed the chipped piece off the court and stayed in the game.

-From AP write up. http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/gameca...version=mobile
      That's made up. Every Redturd fan knows Baker fakes every injury.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Baker takes more hits to the face than any other player in the NCAAs. It is getting a bit out of control.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdshox View Post
          I was going to ask about that. I was wondering how much can you get away with in the whole "I'm not touching him" game and how much can defenders swat at you when you do that. That wasn't the only time a MSU player swatted at a WSU player that was reaching out.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Anyone remember that one MSU fan that said Thurman and Marshall (Marcus) would have better careers than Baker and VanVleet?

That prediction was so bad it doesn't even qualify as a fail.
            Here it is from BEARS77 along with another from DoubleJayAlum http://www.mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php...d427f154d0e378

I started that thread on MVCFans is November, 2012 and it's still on the front page of MVCFans. Lately, it only gets adds for national honors for Baker or VanVleet.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Here it is from BEARS77 along with another from DoubleJayAlum http://www.mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php...d427f154d0e378

I started that thread on MVCFans is November, 2012 and it's still on the front page of MVCFans. Lately, it only gets adds for national honors for Baker or VanVleet.
              Knock knock
              2blowjay: Who's there
              Owen
              2blowjay: Owen who?
              0-7

but, but we have Rick Kreklow, he's a really good player.

Comment

Wichita = Not a state. But thanks for the reminder.

Misery = A state of being. You're down ten on your home floor in the game you've waited all year for and can't shake the other guys' best defender. See: Ruder, Austin.

I like how Cottons hand goes straight back in his face, totally unphased. Ruder did that several times.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                  I was going to ask about that. I was wondering how much can you get away with in the whole "I'm not touching him" game and how much can defenders swat at you when you do that. That wasn't the only time a MSU player swatted at a WSU player that was reaching out.
                  Face guarding is a technical foul. It's an injury risk move cause a finger in your eye probably hurts a bit. But, I don't know if Cotton was face guarding because I don't ref.

Anyone here know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

That has to be one of the best OP ever. It just drips with dismissive attitude. I like it.

Lots of Thurman love in the first few pages. I think that has waned some.
                    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                      That has to be one of the best OP ever. It just drips with dismissive attitude. I like it.
                      It's a classic.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post

Lots of Thurman love in the first few pages. I think that has waned some.
                        Loved it!!!! Good reading!

Comment

Wichita = Not a state. But thanks for the reminder.

Misery = A state of being. You're down ten on your home floor in the game you've waited all year for and can't shake the other guys' best defender. See: Ruder, Austin.

Perhaps one our our resident refs could explain why that was not a foul on Ruder. Tekele wasn't even close to touching Ruder and he clearly (and intentionally) hacked the Tekele.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                            MSU came out inspired tonight playing a ranked team, and shooting 52% in the first half didnt hurt. Our defense smothered them the second half and we slowly wore them down. We rained threes tonight, Cotton first half, Baker second half. Fred had a great game tonight, I think he is finding his grove, and I think the team as a whole is starting to find its grove. The bench is getting more solid as the season goes and I think Marshall does a great job in how he filters them in. Kelly had a nice game, Shaq rebounded and played decent D, but he didnt finish strong on a couple of plays, he has to do that. Sometimes I think he tries to finese it instead of just hammering it home. Holland and Brown handled the ball well and played good Defense. Carter, anotheir solid game. Evan solid , and our trio of guards were just alot of fun to watch, they know each otheir so well and just feed off each otheir. Can we run the table again? I know its early, and the odds are against it, but...

Would love to run the table again. Ironically, and sadly, it would probably hurt us more than help with ranking and seedings (perception of weak conference), but boy would our team be locked in come March/April.
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Perhaps one our our resident refs could explain why that was not a foul on Ruder. Tekele wasn't even close to touching Ruder and he clearly (and intentionally) hacked the Tekele.
                              Don't know the exact reason it isn't a foul, but I know that I see the hand smack like that all the time when a hand goes in the face while guarding...

Comment

• I would call what TC did face guarding and a technical foul. At the very least I think the
                                official should have given a verbal warning to TC to stop or be charged with a technical.

Comment

Working...
                                X