No announcement yet.

#14 Wichita State @ Missouri State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really crazy about only 7 players scoring. But I am being pretty picky.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      Should be good to drop us another spot or three in the polls
      Looking at #22 come next Monday! Whoo-hoo!!! Much more deserving P5 schools of course. Lol
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• @EnthusiAdams: Wichita St keeps getting better. Why? @FredVanVleet going from smart/smarter.Baker being Baker, Cotton making shots Carter keeps improving.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          Seriously? The I BELIEVE chant when your team is down 15? Ummm, okay.
          When I thought I heard this during the game, all I thought was, "When did SWMO become a Junior High?"
          Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
            Glass might surprise a few folks before the season is over.
            I don't get to see every game but when I get to see a game where Glass gets minutes, I always come away thinking he looks fine. He doesn't look that lost to me and when he gets the ball, he knows what to do with it... Including toss it in the hole.

He's participating in the same learning curve others are and when he hits his stride, we get really deep.

Comment

• The defensive rotation was great tonight! When our bigs were hedging on the perimeter the PF (Wessel and Kelly) we're swinging into position and shutting down the paint. Baker and Brown did it multiple times too. Cotton was really frustrating Ruder. He was slapping his hand out of his face all second half.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                I don't get to see every game but when I get to see a game where Glass gets minutes, I always come away thinking he looks fine. He doesn't look that lost to me and when he gets the ball, he knows what to do with it... Including toss it in the hole.

He's participating in the same learning curve others are and when he hits his stride, we get really deep.
                He was awful early in the year. Playing much better now and has a fantastic motor. Talk about a guy that's ready to go and give Marshall what he wants!
                Livin the dream

Comment

• We had about a dozen years in a row where Glass would have seen 20+ mpg.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post

I don't know. Someone in another thread said that Bush and Glass would probably be the two that don't return next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      I don't know. Someone in another thread said that Bush and Glass would probably be the two that don't return next year.
                      Lots of players fighting to keep their scholarship.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Doesn't Glass only have a year of Eligibility left?

Comment

• I am going to give the Bears a little credit here. I thought they came out playing hard and determined and as a team. I thought they were pretty good in the 1st half. But it is hard to sustain that emotion for a full game against a good team and in the long run skill and talent will usually win out as it did tonight.

The Shocks are very impressive how they respond to being punched in the mouth (literally in Ron Baker's case). They are a relentless bunch and I think that tends to wear most of their Valley brethren down over the full course of a game.

I was thinking 3G might have pulled the plug just a little early on his starters. Guess not. Sure couldn't be accused of running up the score.

Comment

Which player hasn't that been said about?

Comment

• There are going to be some pretty good basketball players, besides our seniors, that aren't going to be back next year.
                              Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                Doesn't Glass only have a year of Eligibility left?
                                This year and one more as he is a junior.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X