#14 Wichita State @ Missouri State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Glass has certainly had his moments of promise, but he's still played just 39 minutes in nine games all season. Bush W is the next lowest among the scholarship players at 103 minutes, so Tevin has a lot of catching up to do.
    Tevin's per 40 stats this season:
    Per 40 Team rank
    TOT REB 11.3 2nd
    PF 5.1 11th
    PTS 20.5 2nd
    AST 1 11th
    TO 2.1 10th
    BLK 1 4th
    STL 0 15th
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      Tevin's per 40 stats this season:
      Per 40 Team rank
      TOT REB 11.3 2nd
      PF 5.1 11th
      PTS 20.5 2nd
      AST 1 11th
      TO 2.1 10th
      BLK 1 4th
      STL 0 15th
      Very interesting!
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by boltforge View Post
        Let's see if anyone gets what reply this is towards ...

I was off by a couple of games, but Glass stepped up given the chance. Coach must have hired Scratch from Ice Age to dig him out to get on the court.
        I would like to see Tevin get some quality minutes with the starters. Lets see what he does. I saw some willingness to attack the rim and quickness in doing it. Drake game would be a great opportunity to see what he learned..
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Nice try, im4 -- but I'm not convinced that taking Glass's total production this season (much of which has been achieved in games already won vs. lesser foes), and then bumping it by 40/39 to turn it into a "per 40" average, produces terribly meaningful info.

I was glad to see him hit a three, though.

Comment

• I can only speculate but my guess is that its his BBIQ that is holding him back. He
            certainly looks to have the skills and the motor.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              I can only speculate but my guess is that its his BBIQ that is holding him back. He
              certainly looks to have the skills and the motor.
              Early on Tevin seemed to be way behind the other newbies. He has closed that gap significantly. I'm not thinking he's going to get 10+ minutes the rest if the way, but he might be able to help next year. Need him to be another a CJ.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Nice try, im4 -- but I'm not convinced that taking Glass's total production this season (much of which has been achieved in games already won vs. lesser foes), and then bumping it by 40/39 to turn it into a "per 40" average, produces terribly meaningful info.

I was glad to see him hit a three, though.
                I didn't say anything, so don't read your words into my posts, please. The revealing of the stats was meant only to show that he has some offensive skills and rebounding skills. Many guys playing against the same competition as Teven has played have far lesser stats. We all know the 3G system requires much more. I'd love to see shooting percentages and rebounding stats from practices, though, where he plays against reasonably tough competition.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Tevin moved well without the ball in this game. He seemed to move to spots with more confidence however he was pushed by one of our guards to "his" spot on a defensive set so it may be that he still doesn't quite have a handle on where he is supposed to be all of the time. He was more assertive on the boards and he really does have good length and athleticism. I for one am cautiously optimistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    I for one am cautiously optimistic.
                    The Glass is half full?

Comment

Nice try, im4 -- but I'm not convinced that taking Glass's total production this season (much of which has been achieved in games already won vs. lesser foes), and then bumping it by 40/39 to turn it into a "per 40" average, produces terribly meaningful info.
                      Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      I didn't say anything, so don't read your words into my posts, please. The revealing of the stats was meant only to show that he has some offensive skills and rebounding skills.
                      (shakes head)

WSUwatcher: "Those stats aren't meaningful and we shouldn't try to use them to draw conclusions."

im4wsu: "Don't put words into my mouth."

im4wsu: "All I was trying to do was take those stats and draw conclusions."

Seriously im4wsu, you are impossible to converse with sometimes. And here I was thinking you were starting to troll me specifically based on our PM conversation. Now I see that talking in circles is just your forte.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                        (shakes head)

WSUwatcher: "Those stats aren't meaningful and we shouldn't try to use them to draw conclusions."

im4wsu: "Don't put words into my mouth."

im4wsu: "All I was trying to do was take those stats and draw conclusions."

Seriously im4wsu, you are impossible to converse with sometimes. And here I was thinking you were starting to troll me specifically based on our PM conversation. Now I see that talking in circles is just your forte.

Look at my original post. It was only facts. Watycher was suggesting I was saying something in addition, indicated by him beginning "Nice try, Im4wsu--but" I guess my explanation back should have simply been, these are facts, no conclusions were drawn. In the explanation, I did point to that fact that the stats are not all zero, but any reasonable human being could make that same determination.

Stop tolling!

Comment

• Kai, I know there is an ignore mechanism, but it doesn't work totally because of other's quoting the person to be ignored. Can you find a way to limit somebody from seeing anything I post or where I have been quoted so I can post without having to deal with the garbage flung around?

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            The Glass is half full?
                            66 2/3 FULL :)

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                              The Glass is half full?
                              Don't ask Watcher this question, though rhetorical it may be.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                                Kai, I know there is an ignore mechanism, but it doesn't work totally because of other's quoting the person to be ignored. Can you find a way to limit somebody from seeing anything I post or where I have been quoted so I can post without having to deal with the garbage flung around?
                                The best way to deal with garbage is to stay away from it.

Comment

Working...
                                X