WSU VERSUS MISSOURI STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS MISSOURI STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Here's the deal. The bare facts about these Bears last Season was they gave us a real scare at their den.They had us down around 21 points with about 11 minutes left to play. Why? They were smokin hot the 1st half but in a 40 minute game, the defensive law of the gravity kicked in. What goes up, must come down and we begin to whittle away at their huge lead as though we were poking a hibernating bear with a big stick. We started penetrating and they kept fouling us. The clock would stop and we just made throws like rock stars. Where there is fire there is smoke as they lived by the 3 earlier, and now they were missing shots with regularity. We should have won in regulation but had to seal the deal in overtime. That was so much fun, let's do it again this coming week.

The Bears no longer have their Marshall but we sure still have ours and he will declare Marshall Law. We will win by 14 as Carter snags 11 rebounds, FVV will have 11 assists, and Baker will score 22. We will feed the Bears a big dose of team defense and that will make the difference. I predict that FVV will not get 2 early Valley whistles as he did in the last 2 Valley games.

Baker's Makers, FVV's Shakers, And Cotton's defensive heart-breakers--70

Cubs----------------------------------------------------------------------------56
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Pain - serious pain - for the 2 or 3 thousand MSU fans who will show up for the game.

If there's more than that there, it will be because those additional people (I won't call them fans) will want to see WSU.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Do they still have the countdown on their website?

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
        Do they still have the countdown on their website?
        It's a death clock.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Between Bugtussle's Armageddon clock, Giacoletti's deathwish diatribe and ISUr's candy ass uniform's I predict storm clouds and tornado warnings in MO, IA, and IL over the next few weeks.

Stay tuned to the Weather Channel for up to the minute updates and forecasts..
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            Pain - serious pain - for the 2 or 3 thousand MSU fans who will show up for the game.

If there's more than that there, it will be because those additional people (I won't call them fans) will want to see WSU.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

About to win 28 games in a row against the Valley - 75
              The Simpsons - 56

* And Shaq goes for 20
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

checked stub hub for mo state tickets......none for sale. How does one go about checking to see if there are tickets available thru WSU or elsewhere for this game? Dont want to drive over for a chance at a walkup ticket. Noted that M. Kennedy mentioned yesterday that quite a few fans flew up on the charter flight with the team......wonder what it takes to get on the jet (family, elite donors, etc?) Would be very cool to fly with the team (just dreaming).

Any info is appreciated, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BBShox84 View Post
                  checked stub hub for mo state tickets......none for sale. How does one go about checking to see if there are tickets available thru WSU or elsewhere for this game? Dont want to drive over for a chance at a walkup ticket. Noted that M. Kennedy mentioned yesterday that quite a few fans flew up on the charter flight with the team......wonder what it takes to get on the jet (family, elite donors, etc?) Would be very cool to fly with the team (just dreaming).

Sometimes the WSU ticket office can be of assistance.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Call Ryan Hillard in the men's basketball office. Ask your ticket question, he MAY be able to help, but if not he'll point you in the right direction.

If you're a LARGE donor (top 100 ish at least) talk to Boatright. He MIGHT get you on the charter flight.

It's a lot of fun, either way or any way, to follow the Shocks on the road.

Comment

I inquired about the Champions room and the Coaches Club. The former is access to the room prior to the game for dinks and hors d'ourves. Very pluch room, going to get more plush with the upgrades coming. For the Coaches Club, I was told that most of those people you see at road games behind the bench donate to this club beginning at $10,000. That probably does not include the cost of travel, IMHO.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Comparison from StatSheet

http://
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

WOW! That looks so sad.

Comment

Shocks win by 21.

MSU has a packed house at tip off, half full at the start of the 2nd half.

Also, the crowd boos Lusk at least once.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                              Shocks win by 21.

MSU has a packed house at tip off, half full at the start of the 2nd half.

Also, the crowd boos Lusk at least once.
                              You maybe right about everything except the house won't be packed to start the game imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X