No announcement yet.

MVC-MWC challenge renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn't as exciting news as it was 6-7 years ago. It helped in getting us good games we couldn't get otherwise but now it's not that great for us, especially if they keep the rule that you can't play a team twice. I would hate for a game @ Air Force to replace a home-and-home with a UConn, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, etc.

I think an agreement with SDSU would be nice where we could just get a home-and-home with them and call it part of the challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      This isn't as exciting news as it was 6-7 years ago. It helped in getting us good games we couldn't get otherwise but now it's not that great for us, especially if they keep the rule that you can't play a team twice. I would hate for a game @ Air Force to replace a home-and-home with a UConn, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, etc.

I think an agreement with SDSU would be nice where we could just get a home-and-home with them and call it part of the challenge.
      We played a D2 team both this year and last. There is plenty of room to improve our schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
        We played a D2 team both this year and last. There is plenty of room to improve our schedule.
        +1

This would be a good idea, IMO.
        "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
          IMO it depends on how the matchups and the rules of the challenge work out. If we alternate home and road each year and get a top 100 school each time, it's a great deal and I'm happy about it. If they keep the rule about playing no team twice, it is entirely possible that later in the challenge we get one year of a road game @ a top 50 school and then the next get a home game against a 150+ dud. That is still an obvious "improvement" over a D2 school, but I'm not sure if it's preferable. Any year we have had a D2 team on the schedule we could have went on the road and played a Duke or a Florida, but we haven't been doing that.

Hopefully Elgin and the MWC Commish realize who the stars of this event are and keep them protected.

Comment

This challenge would help every school in the MVC to bring up their RPI's with home/home games with quality teams. Therefore, it will bring up the Shockers RPI too as long as we play every team in the league. If teams continue to schedule good neutral site tournaments, schedules should be better.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post

A little greedy, are we, AndShock? Why don't we wait until the home-and-homes with UConn and the Oklahoma schools are actually on the schedule before worrying about losing them?

Comment

Guarantee the first match up will be Shocks at UNLV or SDSU. This makes me very happy.

Comment

Road trip.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                    Guarantee the first match up will be Shocks at UNLV or SDSU. This makes me very happy.
                    New Mexico would not be shabby..
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

This is good news for us and the valley. Now go win some games.

Comment

Since conferences change daily, here is a list of current MW schools

Air Force
                        Boise State
                        Colorado State
                        Fresno State
                        Nevada
                        New Mexico
                        San Diego State
                        San Jose State
                        UNLV
                        Utah State
                        Wyoming
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post

Air Force - 201
                          Boise State - 101
                          Colorado State - 67
                          Fresno State - 207
                          Nevada - 225
                          New Mexico - 83
                          San Diego State - 34
                          San Jose State - 347
                          UNLV - 123
                          Utah State - 171
                          Wyoming - 74
                          I've added the current Kenpom rankings for each team as of 1/15/2015.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post

Air Force
                            Boise State
                            Colorado State
                            Fresno State
                            Nevada
                            New Mexico
                            San Diego State
                            San Jose State
                            UNLV
                            Utah State
                            Wyoming
                            after looking at that list, how can anyone think it's NOT a great idea?????

Comment

It would be nice if these challenges had flex scheduling. Match up the top performers based on actual results.

Comment

Working...
                              X