No announcement yet.

No Inside Presence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who is talking about Nurger's offense is not thinking with the coaching staff. They are only concerned about two things, post defense and rebounding. He can shoot it and his offense will come. On defense, he is a just not comfortable yet. He is a step slow and can't get in a good position to front the opponent. He tries to use his hands too much instead of his feet because his footwork is not there yet. Where Shaq could use his bulk to push a player away from the basket, thus fronting wasn't as important, Nurger gets pushed under the basket. He is strong enough if he was very good with his technique and footwork but he isn't so bulk would help him. Last year, our two 260 pounders often used their bulk for position. Carter because of size deficiencies, also needs to front the offensive player if possible. Nurger's foot work and Paul Miller's foot work difficulties as a freshman are similar. Before Paul's career at WSU was over, he could defend quicker Centers effectively. Nurger will get there but he's not there yet.

Comment

paul wight.jpg

Can we get him some Grant Gibbs elgibility?
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Had to go back a ways to find this one. What a difference a month has made.

-Darius is still unstoppable and has kept his foul trouble to a mild roar. Hopefully the trainers can get him healed and ready for the stretch run.
        -Shaq has transformed into The Great Wall of Shaq, or Shaq Wall. What an asset this kid could be come March if he continues to focus and grind.
        -Tom Bush Wamukota has quietly strung together like four solid outings in a row. I'm not saying he's the second coming of Olaijawun but his rebounding has improved tremendously and his defense is inching closer to acceptable.
        -Rashard appears to have broken through a freshmen wall he hit sometime after Hawaii. His defense is better, he brings a ton of energy, and you can't just not guard him.
        -I still think Tevin has something to show us this year outside of mop up time. I could be wrong. He's got a nose for the ball and can really score it. Will his defense and bball IQ allow him get on the court and contribute?
        -Rauno hustles up and down the court and works really hard when out there. Like others have said he just needs to get stronger. I'm really not sure what his ceiling for this year is and how much I think he can contribute.
        -we may not have a ton of height but the post players we do have are all (except Nurger) big bodied and strong, but also pretty nimble guys.
        Last edited by pie n eye; January 27, 2015, 10:48 AM.

Comment

It is too bad that Tom is a junior. If he was a freshman, I would be excited about the future at the 5 spot.

I look forward to Tom's first 10 minute game.

In the Dance, we will need a 7-0 defender.

I like term Shaq wall, but I think it should be written as Shaq Wall.

In the last two games, Rashard is 2-2 from 3. He is not quick on the release. He reminds me of S. Tuttle in that sense. If he continues shooting well from outside, then the opponent has gotta put a hand in his face and not slough off.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
          X