#11 Wichita State vs. Loyola Marymount Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    Friendly reminder: Loyola Marymount would beat Drake, Bradley, SIU, Indiana St and probably MoST. LMU is 250 range in the RPI. That is actually higher than 4 MVC teams...and they are in LAST in the WCC.

80-53 is probably how bad all of those games are going to be or worse.
    Marymount sucked

Comment

• @ great halves and a nice win, tomorrow will be much tiougher
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Marymount sucked
        Yes. They were really bad. I'm just glad our 3rd string was able to get enough minutes in that game to help prepare them for how much we are going to need them against the bottom 5 of the MVC. This is valuable experience for them.

Comment

• Am I remembering correctly that one of the walk ons/3rd string guys actually gave the fist asking to come out for a breather and the bench laughed at him because there was no one left to come in?

Yes, that's how bad it got against a team better than half the MVC...

Comment

• That is the first time our walkons have played anybody even up. I'm with Fever, Walker is a decent player.

Comment

Friendly reminder: Loyola Marymount would beat Drake, Bradley, SIU, Indiana St and probably MoST. LMU is 250 range in the RPI. That is actually higher than 4 MVC teams...and they are in LAST in the WCC.

80-53 is probably how bad all of those games are going to be or worse.
              I was thinking last night, as our second and third string held the lead for 15 minutes, how bad Drake, Bradley, SIU, and ISUb must be to lose to some of the teams they do, and how fortunate we are that our second team is as good/better than almost half of the MVC right now.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• To be fair, all three of our walk-ons are pretty good walk-ons.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  I was thinking last night, as our second and third string held the lead for 15 minutes, how bad Drake, Bradley, SIU, and ISUb must be to lose to some of the teams they do, and how fortunate we are that our second team is as good/better than almost half of the MVC right now.
                  Hell our bottom seven would not have to play on Thursday in St Louis.

Comment

• Did anyone else think that the color commentator for the Shocks-LMU game seemed to have man-crush on LMU coach Mike Dunlap?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                      I don't want to overreact to a game like this but Zac Brown looks like he has potential as a Cle facsimile. He might already have better handles and court vision than Junior year Cle and I thought he played well defensively. His length, skills, and athleticism could really make a difference the next couple months. Obviously want to see him string a few together against better competition but tonight was encouraging. Oh and he was a great interview after the game.
                      This 👆

The first time I watched Cle, I thought "wow, this guy looks like an NBA athlete". I couldn't remember the last time I had thought that about a player at WSU. Ron Baker now seems likely to have an NBA career, but his game isn't about being a freak athlete as much as it is about hard work and top notch shooting skills.

Zach Brown has so much potential. I'm very excited to see how he develops.

Comment

• Yes.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamCC View Post
                          To be fair, all three of our walk-ons are pretty good walk-ons.
                          Simon is not.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                            This 

The first time I watched Cle, I thought "wow, this guy looks like an NBA athlete". I couldn't remember the last time I had thought that about a player at WSU. Ron Baker now seems likely to have an NBA career, but his game isn't about being a freak athlete as much as it is about hard work and top notch shooting skills.

Zach Brown has so much potential. I'm very excited to see how he develops.
                            Brown, at 6-6, is a wing guard versus Cle, who was a wing forward. Zach is/will be a better slasher than Cle, but won't post up like Early did. I think Hamilton will be the real Cle clone.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              Brown, at 6-6, is a wing guard versus Cle, who was a wing forward. Zach is/will be a better slasher than Cle, but won't post up like Early did. I think Hamilton will be the real Cle clone.
                              So we will have two?
                              On the floor at the same time?
                              :)

Comment

So we will have two?
                                On the floor at the same time?
                                :)
                                Sweet!
                                Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...