• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    So we will have two?
    On the floor at the same time?
    :)
    Yes, very smiley face.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      So we will have two?
      On the floor at the same time?
      :)
      Don't forget the Real McDuff! Will be 6-9 with a playing weight between 210 and 220. Shoots, dribbles, passes, posts up, and a run and jump athlete! very excited about Kelly, Brown, McDuffie, and Hamilton (though Hamilton will most likely take some time to be game ready). Should make a nice four man rotation at the 3/4 position in the near future.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Did it seem like we pressed a little more throughout the game last night? Would love to see Brown, Henderson, etc become consistent enough defensively that we could press more as a team. When we put it on full court we kind of remind me of that '12 Louisville team.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
          Simon is not.
          Simon has some skills. He's a good dribbler, passer and actually really quick - and he can make free throws. What he is not is a penetrator or shooter. He has the misfortune of watching Fred navigate the trees and thinks he has to execute the same type of plays. He will make a lot of middle aged men look follish in the YMCA when his playing days are over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Is that fake? I'm gullible, now, so shoot straight.
            It ran again last night during halftime of the Nebraska vs Hawaii game. I uploaded the video snippet to an online gif generator so you could see the animation.

Comment

• Weak! They just put some wheat in Ron Baker's mouth and told him to spin around.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• I wouldn't get to hyped about good performances from some reserves last night
                as LMU wasn't very good and they cleared their bench also. Unfortunately, they
                will not get many opportunities against good competition. I am begging to be proven
                wrong but I just don't see the development of a true center this year. IMHO Nurger
                has the potential to be very solid by the close of next season. SM has the tools but just
                doesn't seem to have that "play angry" mentality. For us to make it to the final
                sixteen or, perhaps, eight either RN or SM has to elevate their game. The only other
                way is for the rest of the guys to just play lights out in crucial games to keep advancing.

Comment

• Yes I agree with above... They made our reserves look damn good

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                    I wouldn't get to hyped about good performances from some reserves last night
                    as LMU wasn't very good and they cleared their bench also. Unfortunately, they
                    will not get many opportunities against good competition. I am begging to be proven
                    wrong but I just don't see the development of a true center this year. IMHO Nurger
                    has the potential to be very solid by the close of next season. SM has the tools but just
                    doesn't seem to have that "play angry" mentality. For us to make it to the final
                    sixteen or, perhaps, eight either RN or SM has to elevate their game. The only other
                    way is for the rest of the guys to just play lights out in crucial games to keep advancing.
                    Tough to argue. But NCAA tourney is determined more by guards than big men.

And we have guards. I think that Kelly's development is more important than our 5. If he and Carter can become rebounding forces, we will be very tough.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                      Zac Brown just had a great POG radio interview. I really like Zac, and I think he's going to do some really good things in his Shocker career.
                      He was very polite. Impressed!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoulStar View Post
                        It ran again last night during halftime of the Nebraska vs Hawaii game. I uploaded the video snippet to an online gif generator so you could see the animation.

Too happy.

Wu is angry.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Did anyone else think that the color commentator for the Shocks-LMU game seemed to have man-crush on LMU coach Mike Dunlap?
                          I was just hoping that Dino would tell the Evan elevator story just one more time, the way he wanted to keep telling it you would have thought he was in an elevator with Sherron Collins or something.

Comment

• Dino Gaudio mentions how he coached Chris Paul at least 4-5 times a game.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                            X