No announcement yet.

The Perry Ellis curse on KU effect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, basically, it's like Marshall and top-flight schools. He'll listen, but it'd have to be a really great opportunity to turn it down.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I dont follow the NBA much. So have no idea who coaches OKC. But my guess would be if that job ever came open, Self would get a boner.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
        http://www.foxsports.com/collegebask...-honest-080613

So, basically, it's like Marshall and top-flight schools. He'll listen, but it'd have to be a really great opportunity to turn it down.
        "Isn’t there something refreshingly honest about a coach admitting he’d consider a different job if it came his way, instead of pledging loyalty to his current school when we all know no job is forever? As much as Jayhawk fans would like to think Self’s already bought himself a burial plot next to Allen Fieldhouse, the truth is any coaching job — even the best coaching jobs, like Kansas — is a business relationship, not a promise of lifetime fidelity."
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Sorry, I should have said pre-contract Marshall. My bad.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            I dont follow the NBA much. So have no idea who coaches OKC. But my guess would be if that job ever came open, Self would get a boner.

Scott Brooks.

That would be interesting to see what happens, should the job come open.
            The Assman

Comment

Something else I've noticed about Self and his statements is, it's important to analyze the entire subject that he's talking about, rather than take his word for it.. A perfect example is, Self said that Marshall never contacted him about a wsu vs ku series.
              Ok, Marshall even admits the schedule isn't his main responsibility.. And also, back in 2010, while at a wsu baseball game, I witnessed a drunk wsu fan ask Sexton why wsu doesn't play ku in basketball. The question caught Sexton way off guard. Lol.
              Let's just say Sexton made it very clear to the drunk wsu fan that it was ku's problem. So that basically means, someone from wsu had talked to someone at ku about playing each other and yeah...
              Everyone, including those on the national level knew mighty ku was dodging wsu. And that is why the Battle of Omaha eventually happened.
              Last edited by bleed yellow; April 9, 2015, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Marshall may not have picked up the phone and dialed Self to ask about a series.

but

I can guarantee you that other WSU employees picked up the phone and called other KU employees.

To try and imply that WSU hadn't been trying to schedule a series, and therefore it was simply two programs who had both chosen to ignore the other... well... that is intellectual dishonesty at its finest, regardless of whether the "Marshall never called me" line is technically true. From a technical perspective, the statement is irrelevant to the larger topic, and from an image perspective, it directly promotes a false appearance about what has been going on in recent years.

Comment

Yeah, Marshall didn't call Self. That's factually accurate. He asked him in person.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                    Yeah, Marshall didn't call Self. That's factually accurate. He asked him in person.
                    The story I've heard involved him ending the conversation by offering to take our basketball team and kick KU's football teams ass.

Comment

The funniest part is, Self not being thrilled about being forced to play wsu in the tournament has been pretty quiet since the loss.. He made a statement about how much college basketball has changed in the last 2 years (when the drastic change obviously hasn't bothered Duke, Kentucky or UNC), he also made a statement about Ellis looking into the draft. But even after Perry is gone, if Self doesn't bolt for the NBA, he will have 3 years of having to hear Connor Frankcamp news. Lol. You know it will sting.

Comment

I would imagine Self is feeling a bit weird these days. That bubble burst was huge and very embarrassing for the little people of lawerence. I also imagine that the tiny people have been and are currently plotting some sort of "get back" toward Wichita St.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                          I would imagine Self is feeling a bit weird these days. That bubble burst was huge and very embarrassing for the little people of lawerence. I also imagine that the tiny people have been and are currently plotting some sort of "get back" toward Wichita St.
                          Probably Frankamp's senior year..

Comment

Working...
                          X