UNI the real deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI the real deal?

...maybe I underestimated them, but they seem much better than I thought they would be.

Btw, Merry Christmas!

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
    ...maybe I underestimated them, but they seem much better than I thought they would be.

Btw, Merry Christmas!
    Never underestimate a team with a solid coach/system and large number of upperclassmen who have played together 3-4 years.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Btw, Merry Christmas!
      They're 12-1. Assuming a win against South Dakota State, they'll finish the non-con 13-1. They still need to navigate the Valley with 13+ wins. They certainly appear capable, but much work to do.
      Livin the dream

Comment

We should start a new thread titled "Redbirds, the real deal?" and see if we can inflate their egos so much that the heads of their three fans explode.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamano View Post
          We should start a new thread titled "Redbirds, the real deal?" and see if we can inflate their egos so much that the heads of their three fans explode.
          Had to laugh! The difference is I think UNI MIGHT have the gift of level headed thinking!:)

Comment

Well we know that Ben Jacobson is a capable coach if he gets the right players (think UNI beating KU's ass in the NCAA tourney).

Glad to see they're stepping up, hopefully they can maintain year after year.

Comment

loaded with capable upperclassmen is huge for them.

Comment

I expected it. Picked them 2nd in the MVC and said they'd be the best legitimate shot at giving the Shox a run for first in conference.

I feel like this is their year, and they better capitalize on it. It's sort of like last year's Indiana State team. Do something now, cause when your big senior is done, there are going to be some glaring holes to fill next year.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Important that they continue to do well as they likely will be the only top 25 team we have a chance to beat prior to the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                    Important that they continue to do well as they likely will be the only top 25 team we have a chance to beat prior to the NCAA tournament.
                    After watching a couple of UNI's games (including loss to VCU) IMO they are a Top 20 team and should be invited to the Big Dance.

Comment

Btw, Merry Christmas!
                      The big question that should be concerning us right now is: Are we the real deal?

Alabama squeaked by HOT HOT HOT yesterday and Seton Hall got blown out by Georgia.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                        The big question that should be concerning us right now is: Are we the real deal?

Alabama squeaked by HOT HOT HOT yesterday and Seton Hall got blown out by Georgia.
                        I'm not sure what the real deal means. I do think that both UNI and us are Top 25 type of teams. They are good enough to beat us. We still get everyone's best shot. I hope we are good enough to withstand the onslaught against good teams. A couple of teams in Hawaii are good enough to beat us, as are 2-3 teams in the Valley at their place.

Comment

I think that we got Bamas and Halls best shot.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            And only a bunch of garbage time 3 pointers by Hall allowed them to make the score respectable. We were in control that whole game.
                            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              Outcomes aside, it's how we looked at home in those games that begs the question "are we the real deal"?

Edit: Specifically the Bama game
                              β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                              -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Working...
                              X