Scholarships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Well, we are allowed 13 scholarships and have 16 scholarship worthy players (no offense to our walk-ons) signed for next year. Obviously three of them will not be on scholly for a variety of possible reasons. I have to assume that those that will not be on scholarship have either notified Marshall of their intentions, or Marshall has notified them of the possibility.
    Or will go to the NBA.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      Well, we are allowed 13 scholarships and have 16 scholarship worthy players (no offense to our walk-ons) signed for next year. Obviously three of them will not be on scholly for a variety of possible reasons. I have to assume that those that will not be on scholarship have either notified Marshall of their intentions, or Marshall has notified them of the possibility.
      I count 15 scholarship players signed for next year, if by signed you mean those currently on scholarship and those that have signed LOI's. 13 scholarship players - 2 seniors + 4 LOI signees. Frankamp is a walk-on at this point and we really don't know when a scholarship will be made available to him or what 3G may have verbally or conditionally committed to.

It is very possible 3G advised Conner that he doesn't know for sure whether or not he will have a scholarship available for him next year. Then again maybe 3G does know for sure that he will, in fact, be able to offer Conner a scholarship. Time will tell.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 1, 2014, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        I count 15 scholarship players signed for next year, if by signed you mean those currently on scholarship and those that have signed LOI's. 13 scholarship players - 2 seniors + 4 LOI signees. Frankamp is a walk-on at this point and we really don't know when a scholarship will be made available to him or what 3G may have verbally or conditionally committed to.

It is very possible 3G advised Conner that he doesn't know for sure whether or not he will have a scholarship available for him next year. Then again maybe 3G does know for sure that he will, in fact, be able to offer Conner a scholarship. Time will tell.
        Coach Marshall does not waste a single word or breath. The more you are around him, the more you learn this.

If you listened closely to the Coaches Show tonight, you might have got an idea on what the plan with Conner is.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
          Coach Marshall does not waste a single word or breath. The more you are around him, the more you learn this.

If you listened closely to the Coaches Show tonight, you might have got an idea on what the plan with Conner is.
          I did not listen closely to the Coach's Show. In fact, I had a telephone call at the exact moment they talked about Frankamp and heard very little of those comments. Are you going to fill me in or force me to listen to the podcast?
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 1, 2014, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Hahaha, I was thinking the exact same thing. He was a little excited when talking about it.

Comment

Lets just say there was a detail by detail recollection of how Malcolm and how Ron ended up at Wichita State. Take it as you will.

Comment

Some one asked him to recount Ron's story and he zeroed in on how both Ron and Malcolm paid their own way during their redshirt/transfer year.

Comment

Lets just say there was a detail by detail recollection of how Malcolm and how Ron ended up at Wichita State. Take it as you will.
                  Well, I heard some of that and we know for a fact that Conner will be paying his own way this coming semester. So what was said that implies he will be paying for next year as well which is what I am assuming you are implying.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                    Some one asked him to recount Ron's story and he zeroed in on how both Ron and Malcolm paid their own way during their redshirt/transfer year.
                    So I think what you and DSB are saying is that you believe Conner will be paying his way the 2nd semester of this year and all of next year based on 3G's comments. I tend to agree that is what is likely to be the case, although it is possible, but perhaps less likely, that a scholarship will be available for next year for Conner.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 1, 2014, 07:51 PM.

Comment

I don't believe the OP is who some are hinting. See the Zach Brown thread.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        I don't believe the OP is who some are hinting. See the Zach Brown thread.
                        Doesn't seem like it does it.

Comment

So I think what you and DSB are saying is that you believe Conner will be paying is way the 2nd semester of this year and all of next year based on 3G's comments. I tend to agree that is what is likely to be the case, although it is possible, but perhaps less likely, that a scholarship will be available for next year for Conner.
                          Well he has to pay for this next semester. There are no other options. But yes, based on very little, I believe he will pay for next year out of pocket. For now. There's always the possibility that there will be a fifth a scholly available based on the recruitment of the juco from Vincennes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                            There's always the possibility that there will be a fifth a scholly available based on the recruitment of the juco from Vincennes.
                            That's a whole other ball of wax and somewhat of a mystery in and of itself. In fact, Mulder's recruitment status is a much bigger mystery than anything related to Conner now that he has made his choice.

The only thing that is for sure is that it will get worked out. The how certainly has a lot of possible twists and turns.

Comment

I said "16 scholarship worthy" players signed, with one of those 16 being Conner. That does not mean that Conner will be on scholarship, only that Conner is scholarship worthy.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                                Or have academic concerns.
                                This is included in my statement while not explicitly stated.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X