Scholarships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scholarships?

How many are we over by and who going to go?

I would feel a lot better about things if we just had a coach who could count. I might call in tonight.

Comment

No one knows but Marshall.

No one knows the academic standing of our recruits, the NBA possibility for Baker, when CF's scholarship would begin, who might transfer out of the program at this point, etc.

We'll have 13 people on scholarship next year. So obviously we're right on track.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Well this is probably the best problem to have

Comment

Originally posted by MarkisMac View Post
          Is this a serious question, an ignorant question, or you just trying to stoke the fires again?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I think that horse might still be moving. He looks like he's getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                outstandingly played!

Comment

If you go back to the beginning and look at who MarkisMac could be and think about it for more than 2 seconds,
                  you might realize that it could be a serious question.

Comment

Well this is probably the best problem to have
                    If you are who I hope you are, I am fairly certain that you have nothing to worry about :)

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                      If you are who I hope you are, I am fairly certain that you have nothing to worry about :)
                      If you are who it may be implied you are, this has zero impact. ZERO.

Comment

This happens every year for any number of reasons. It used to be maddening, but we've all gotten used to it. Usually, it means that one or more players are transferring out or leaving early to go pro. Or that one of the incoming players isn't expected to make their grades or that someone is planning to play prep for a year. The coaches are the only ones that have the whole scoop though. Coach Marshall always seems to know what he's doing. If you are who we think you are, you've already signed, so I wouldn't be worried.

Comment

Yeah, if this is Markis McDuffie or someone related to him there is nothing at all to be concerned about. From my understanding Markis is considered the grand prize of our very good 2015 recruiting class.

There are so many possible scenarios as to what might happen it is difficult to even list them all. If I had all the information that Coach Marshall has I could probably give you a fairly coherent response. Unfortunately, neither I or any other ShockerNet post is privy to even close to all the information Coach Marshall has.

I can tell you this I believe Coach Marshall and staff and Shocker fans are very high on the 4 recruits coming in next year.

Comment

Well, we are allowed 13 scholarships and have 16 scholarship worthy players (no offense to our walk-ons) signed for next year. Obviously three of them will not be on scholly for a variety of possible reasons. I have to assume that those that will not be on scholarship have either notified Marshall of their intentions, or Marshall has notified them of the possibility.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              Well, we are allowed 13 scholarships and have 16 scholarship worthy players (no offense to our walk-ons) signed for next year. Obviously three of them will not be on scholly for a variety of possible reasons. I have to assume that those that will not be on scholarship have either notified Marshall of their intentions, or Marshall has notified them of the possibility.
                              Or have academic concerns.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                              X