#9 Wichita State vs. Tulsa Official MTXE Throwback Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    @shoxlax: I don't believe there have been any turnbacks at all. Those are just student tickets not being used.
    Probably the result of it being holiday break.
    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      @shoxlax I don't believe there have been any turnbacks at all. Those are just student tickets not being used.
      And this is a problem. I will be sending the Athletic Department an e-mail, something needs to be done, preferably sometime this season but I understand these things take time. Seeing all those empty seats on a special MTXE throwback day at 2 PM on a Saturday for a top 10 team makes me want to vomit.

Comment

Well somebody is turning some in because there has been a few tickets available the day of at every game. If it is the students picking them up and not using them or trying to peddle them for 70 bones on Stub Hub, that is just sad. I guess I misread this part of the pre season press release:

Students can pick up tickets starting on the dates posted below for the games listed. Student tickets not picked up 48 hours before game time will go on sale to the general public, but are still available to students as long as they remain.

Gonna be real interesting over the real holiday break how this plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Well somebody is turning some in because there has been a few tickets available the day of at every game. If it is the students picking them up and not using them or trying to peddle them for 70 bones on Stub Hub, that is just sad. I guess I misread this part of the pre season press release:

Students can pick up tickets starting on the dates posted below for the games listed. Student tickets not picked up 48 hours before game time will go on sale to the general public, but are still available to students as long as they remain.

Gonna be real interesting over the real holiday break how this plays out.

hmmmmm
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

At the first game they announced a few tickets would be sold that were turned back in by Development.

Now, it's no secret that Alex and his department hold back a number of tickets so that if someone wants to spend 100K on really good tickets, or if they need some really good tickets for an important person, they actually have those tickets to sell to them. Thus at game time, they have a few extras that they don't need. I think (but I don't know for sure) those are the tickets they are talking about.

I believe the tickets for GA (student tickets) have been collected well before the 2 day period, leaving none for resale, at least not in the current form.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
              Am I the only one in the arena that saw Nurger dunk in warmups while the refs were on the court?

did not see it today. He did it a couple games ago

Comment

If we could continue getting 18 team assists and commit only 6 turnovers, we will be in great shape. Tulsa had 0 steals on us and we had 5 steals.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  If we could continue getting 18 team assists and commit only 6 turnovers, we will be in great shape. Tulsa had 0 steals on us and we had 5 steals.
                  As a note, Memphis also had 0 steals.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    As a note, Memphis also had 0 steals.
                    Dead Ball turnovers are the best kind of turnovers.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• You can tell the players are loose. If you saw the play on TV in the second half where the guy landed on Fred's leg, and he's kind of limping to the free throw line, you see Ron and Tekele behind him kind of smiling and laughing. You have to wonder what they were talking about. Maybe they were saying, "This is nothing compared to what happens in practice."

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                        You can tell the players are loose. If you saw the play on TV in the second half where the guy landed on Fred's leg, and he's kind of limping to the free throw line, you see Ron and Tekele behind him kind of smiling and laughing. You have to wonder what they were talking about. Maybe they were saying, "This is nothing compared to what happens in practice."
                        I just posted the same thing on another thread.

Comment

• The Shockers had a very efficient performance yesterday. Their offensive points per possession (P3) was 1.293. WSU's YTD P3 average is 1.066 (NCAA rank 65), and the 2013 average was 1.121. Currently Duke ranks 1st in 2014 P3 at 1.306. The defensive P3 for yesterday was a very solid 0.935.

Newcomer performance: IMO Ria'n Holland had a very good performance yesterday on both ends of the court including a nice assist in transition. As Sully mentioned in his Shockwaves blog post today, Morris worked hard battling for position in the post. He needs to do a better job of establishing post presence with his lower body strength instead of using his arms which is prone to get fouls. I do not recall seeing him much in the high post yesterday where we have seen him make a couple of very nice assists this season. Kelly's play looked sufficient but nothing too catchy. IMO Nurger needs more work. I thought he looked lost several times, and there were at least a couple of defensive lapses. Until he gets comfortable with the speed of the game at this level, we will probably not see too much offensive production.

Bruised knees award: Wessel did have a nice couple of 3 pointers for the highlights video, but most of his work is under the radar in defense. I think there were at least two or three times that he came up with or tapped loose balls after diving on the floor. Evan must get bruised knees every game with all of the diving that he does for loose balls. Unfortunately, his height will become more of a liability as opponent's exploit the height differential at the 4 position. We really need our new bigs to continue to grow so that we can utilize EW in the 3 position.

Speaking of efficiency:Carter with 6 of 9 on FGs looks really good. If we can get a game where Carter can stay out of foul trouble, LOOK OUT! Actually, it is really needed for Carter to get his foul situation under control for our game to reach it fullest potential. Wednesday night would be a great evening for a DC break out game.

Opportunities: Bench scoring, freethrow shooting, more consistency from newcomer bigs.
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• I'm tired of seeing the GA and students section not completely packed to the brim like the rest of the arena.

Screw it. I would make the seating area above the band available for season ticket holders. That would generate more revenue and allow students to pack one section up to the rafters and the have the section below the band.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                              Speaking of efficiency:Carter with 6 of 9 on FGs looks really good. If we can get a game where Carter can stay out of foul trouble, LOOK OUT! Actually, it is really needed for Carter to get his foul situation under control for our game to reach it fullest potential. Wednesday night would be a great evening for a DC break out game.
                              I think 1 o 2 of his 3 missed shots were chip shots that he just plain missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                                I'm tired of seeing the GA and students section not completely packed to the brim like the rest of the arena.

Screw it. I would make the seating area above the band available for season ticket holders. That would generate more revenue and allow students to pack one section up to the rafters and the have the section below the band.
                                Or make those GA tickets that go on sale two or three days before each game.
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X