No announcement yet.

#9 Wichita State vs. Tulsa Official MTXE Throwback Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There were empty seats in the season ticket sections too. But I don't see anyone on here complaining about them not using there tickets, just the students.

Comment

• Maybe put a time limit on the ticket. If it's used by a certain time another student waiting in line can use it instead. That might allow a student who can't make it to pick up the ticket a chance to see a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        I think that is well over $100 an hour for a class for a less than full time student. It's got to be close to buying a ticket for a 3 hr. Class. Then he has to do the class work on top of it. Sounds like a lot of work.
        It's an audit, so he can not show up and he doesn't have to worry about being asked to leave due to failure. And if I remember right, he only enrolls in a class that counts as a single credit hour. He enrolls for the exact same class every single semester. I don't remember the class, but I think that it's something sports related.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
          It's an audit, so he can not show up and he doesn't have to worry about being asked to leave due to failure. And if I remember right, he only enrolls in a class that counts as a single credit hour. He enrolls for the exact same class every single semester. I don't remember the class, but I think that it's something sports related.
          Whoever this person is that you know, I want his name, address and phone number. HE MUST BE STOPPED

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
            Whoever this person is that you know, I want his name, address and phone number. HE MUST BE STOPPED
            Hahahaha, nothing you could do would work. Years ago I tried to shame him into getting season tickets like everyone else in our age group. He's not the only person that's doing it either. I wouldn't have an issue with him gaming the system, but I get sick of seeing middle age people mixed in with the students. It's weird.

Comment

• Karla Burns rocks

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                Ok, this hasn't been mentioned yet, but that was probably one of the best National Anthems I've heard in 35+ years at that arena! Props to that lady!
                Carla Burns and its been about 35 yrs since she was a student at WSU
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                  Ok, this hasn't been mentioned yet, but that was probably one of the best National Anthems I've heard in 35+ years at that arena! Props to that lady!
                  She's really famous for her work in theater and opera. She's the best. We're lucky to have several of the people that come in and do the anthem at our games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                    She's really famous for her work in theater and opera. She's the best. We're lucky to have several of the people that come in and do the anthem at our games.
                    WSU has a very proud group of alumni from the ranks of the vocal performance program in the College of Fine Arts. Shames every other university in the state by comparison, as does the CFA in it entirety.

Comment

Working...
                    X