Tyree Evans verbals to KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyree Evans verbals to KSU

I heard this on WIBW sports this afternoon. Evans says he is going to sign with KSU. WIBW is usually responsible with their reporting.

Here's Evans background:

Cut through the politically correct rhetoric and he basically didn't graduate from HS.

Went to Prep school where he was arrested for statutory rape. He eventually plea bargained it down to a lesser charge.

Went to BuCo and Smithson kicked him off the team.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Wasnt it posted a little while ago that he was going to head to Maryland.

Off the court issues aside, Talent wise UK-M should be pretty good next year.

Comment

Re: Tyree Evans verbals to KSU

Originally posted by Aargh
      Here's Evans background:

Cut through the politically correct rhetoric and he basically didn't graduate from HS.

Went to Prep school where he was arrested for statutory rape. He eventually plea bargained it down to a lesser charge.

Sounds like a classic Huggins recruit....
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Sounds like no other school wants him. In the Rivals article on his decision he said he hasn't heard from any other schools for a while.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Hey huggins should be commended for affording today's youth another chance.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
            Hey huggins should be commended for affording today's youth another chance.
            I think he might have a plaque for his long standing commitments to a 'second chance' :D

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
              I heard this on WIBW sports this afternoon. Evans says he is going to sign with KSU. WIBW is usually responsible with their reporting.

Here's Evans background:

I try to be careful on what I comment on here, usually limiting my comments to Creghton issues. I couldn't let this pass though.

This kid sounds like the kind of kid that has gotten Huggins in trouble in the past. Why would anyone want to even try to recruit him? I sure hope you Kansans are preparing for the future tax increase to fund the additional police presence brought about by Huggins' presence in your state. Sheesh - what a slimeball.

Comment

I found these two quote from a KSU board interesting. The first is a KSU fan, the 2nd a KU fan.

Whatever risk exists will be outweighed by his ability to play ball.
                ... why not sign Evans. This is big time D-1 basketball and it is all about winning and taking the risks to win big.
                I hope we as WSU fans never adopt this type of sweeping mindset. Yes, there can be individual situations where a "2nd chance" is the right thing to do. But winning shouldn't be the criteria.

Comment

He was never charged with statutory rape, they dropped those charges. (DNA tests proved negative) He was charged with indecent assault, but plead guilty to a lesser charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Saulbadguy
                    He was never charged with statutory rape, they dropped those charges. (DNA tests proved negative) He was charged with indecent assault, but plead guilty to a lesser charge.
                    Heck, that makes him a perfect all-American role model ! Just what you want your son to emularte (sorry, that means to model oneself after).
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Riiiight.....

Are you sure you want to take this kid on?...I mean he has to have the worst luck in the histroy of mankind.

First he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time being in the proximity of a gangbang. Next he unjustly gets the boot from a JUCO in which he was purposely placed by thuggins. That's a lot of bad luck coming your way.

Seeing that Randy has got off to a fine start on KGSO I suspect we'll here more about the BuCo boot...hopefully that is his last appearance in El Dorado! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
                        I try to be careful on what I comment on here, usually limiting my comments to Creghton issues. I couldn't let this pass though.

This kid sounds like the kind of kid that has gotten Huggins in trouble in the past. Why would anyone want to even try to recruit him? I sure hope you Kansans are preparing for the future tax increase to fund the additional police presence brought about by Huggins' presence in your state. Sheesh - what a slimeball.
                        I've always said that, while we have rivals and scout and other nationally recognized recruiting lists, this is Huggins'.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Not a fan of this type of signing, but SIU did pretty good with their transfer center about 7 years ago. Last name started with an R, iir. He was a 6-6 jumping jack with a pretty big body and played alongside Dearman and Williams for Bruce Weber. He was dismissed from an East coast school for statutory rape charges.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Comment

KSU sold its soul a year ago.

In for a dime, in for a dollar.
                              Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Working...
                              X