Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orlando Classic (Now the Advocare Invitational)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RefChick View Post
    Yes, I am pleased to say ShockRef's family will not be joining us for Thanksgiving :)
    So what are you trying to say?

Comment

A preview of the tournament.

Comment

From GoShockers.com
        SCHEDULE

AdvoCare Invitational Schedule:
        (all times Central)

Thursday, Nov. 26
        11:00 am CT – Quarterfinal 1 - Alabama vs. Xavier (ESPN2)
        1:00 pm CT – Quarterfinal 2 - Wichita State vs. USC (ESPN2)...I'd guess it will actually be closer to 1:15-1:30 at the earliest
        5:30 pm CT – Quarterfinal 3 - Notre Dame vs. Monmouth (ESPNU)
        8:00 pm CT – Quarterfinal 4 - Iowa vs. Dayton (ESPN2)

Friday, Nov. 27
        11:00 am CT – Consolation 1 – Losers of Quarterfinals 1 & 2 (ESPN3)
        1:30 pm CT – Semifinal 1 – Winners of Quarterfinals 1 & 2 (ESPNU) Let's be honest...we better be in this game.
        6:00 pm CT – Consolation 2 – Losers of Quarterfinals 3 & 4 (ESPN3)
        8:30 pm CT – Semifinal 2 – Winners of Quarterfinals 3 &4 (ESPN2)

Sunday, Nov. 29
        9:00 am CT – 7th Place Game – Losers of Consolation 1 & 2 (ESPN3)
        11:30 am CT – 3rd Place Game – Losers of Semifinals 1 & 2 (ESPN2)
        3:30 pm CT – Championship – Winners of Semifinals 1 & 2 (ESPN2)
        6:00 pm CT – 5th Place Game – Winners of Consolation 1 & 2 (ESPNU)
        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          From GoShockers.com
          SCHEDULE

AdvoCare Invitational Schedule:
          (all times Central)

Thursday, Nov. 26
          11:00 am CT – Quarterfinal 1 - Alabama vs. Xavier (ESPN2)
          1:00 pm CT – Quarterfinal 2 - Wichita State vs. USC (ESPN2)...I'd guess it will actually be closer to 1:15-1:30 at the earliest
          5:30 pm CT – Quarterfinal 3 - Notre Dame vs. Monmouth (ESPNU)
          8:00 pm CT – Quarterfinal 4 - Iowa vs. Dayton (ESPN2)

Friday, Nov. 27
          11:00 am CT – Consolation 1 – Losers of Quarterfinals 1 & 2 (ESPN3)
          1:30 pm CT – Semifinal 1 – Winners of Quarterfinals 1 & 2 (ESPNU) Let's be honest...we better be in this game.
          6:00 pm CT – Consolation 2 – Losers of Quarterfinals 3 & 4 (ESPN3)
          8:30 pm CT – Semifinal 2 – Winners of Quarterfinals 3 &4 (ESPN2)

Sunday, Nov. 29
          9:00 am CT – 7th Place Game – Losers of Consolation 1 & 2 (ESPN3)
          11:30 am CT – 3rd Place Game – Losers of Semifinals 1 & 2 (ESPN2)
          3:30 pm CT – Championship – Winners of Semifinals 1 & 2 (ESPN2)
          6:00 pm CT – 5th Place Game – Winners of Consolation 1 & 2 (ESPNU)
          Has this tournament really fallen to the point where not even the championship game gets on the Mothership? I'm glad I will be able to see every game, but come on ESPN, pull your heads out.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

The USC matchup, I'm figuring, may be a little more difficult than anticipated. If I'm not mistaken, USC brings back all five starters along with two top 100 recruits. I'm thinking this might be a tougher game than some may think. Which would be a good thing, prepares us for the rest of the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
              The USC matchup, I'm figuring, may be a little more difficult than anticipated. If I'm not mistaken, USC brings back all five starters along with two top 100 recruits. I'm thinking this might be a tougher game than some may think. Which would be a good thing, prepares us for the rest of the tourney.
              college sports madness,Men's Basketball,Pacific-12,USC,Ben Gainsboro
              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Rematch maybe. Jackson v. VanVleet.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                  Yeah...pay backs are always nice!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I see that single session tickets are available thru ticketmaster but not the $125 all session GA tickets. Also the Dayton web site is announcing all session tickets are available.....but I have had no luck finding them on ticketmaster or anywhere else. Anyone have better info? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

jackson, the former mcdonalds all-american, will not shoot like that again. not against wichita state. but if he does, van vleet will shoot better.

such a tough tournament, though. notre dame-wichita state isn't a given.

Comment

• We will play Utah at Intrust Arena and maybe Notre Dame at this event which is 2 of the few teams that defeated us last Season. I like it. I like it alot. S. Cal will be improved this Season but so will we.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                          We will play Utah at Intrust Arena and maybe Notre Dame at this event which is 2 of the few teams that defeated us last Season. I like it. I like it alot. S. Cal will be improved this Season but so will we.
                          wichita state went into the postseason with a record of 27-3, that something of a rebuilding year after the undefeated season (until kentucky). van vleet has to make it easy for his teammates this year. he has to take on the pressure and shrug it off.. like it was ridiculously EASY to be a teammate of magic johnson at michigan state, no matter the stakes of the game- make your teammates around you better, with ease. defensive disruption. flowing fast breaks. a nod and a wink.

Comment

• We all agree that FVV is like having a player/coach on the floor. There were times at the end of last Season that FVV took on more of the scoring load in games when needed. However, this Season, he will be more apt to break all of his own assist records because we will have so many shooters and various scorers of different games that will get hot. Guess what? When you get hot, get ready to get the rock from our competitive FVV because he likes to win first and foremost more than most people ever dreamed of. That is among the reasons he is an All American this Season of course along with Baker. Imagine this. 2 All American guards in our starting line-up. Niceeeeee!!!!!!!
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime View Post
                              I see that single session tickets are available thru ticketmaster but not the $125 all session GA tickets. Also the Dayton web site is announcing all session tickets are available.....but I have had no luck finding them on ticketmaster or anywhere else. Anyone have better info? Thanks!

Sept 1st All Session Tickets $125 General Seating
                              Nov 1st Single Session Tickets $30 General Seating
                              407-939-4263

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime View Post
                                Call the Wichita State ticket office. If they tell you no then you can probably call Dayton and get some tix through them.

Comment

Working...
                                X