2018 NCAA TOURNAMENT COMES TO WICHITA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      Thanks. That makes sense. I was just tryin to think of teams playing in their home city and its hard since most teams arent in large metro areas.
      Villanova did several years back in 2006.

Now, here's something to consider. Wichita State has to keep this in mind when thinking about major renovations to Koch Arena. We have all said that we could go play in IBA for a year or two if needed. I would think that would need to be off the table...at least when affecting that particular season.
      Last edited by WuShock16; November 17, 2014, 12:08 PM.
      78-65

Comment

According to Kansas.com, WSU wouldn't be able to play in Wichita.

WSU wouldn’t be allowed to play in the first two rounds at Intrust, according to NCAA rules. The Midwest Regional in 2018 is in Omaha.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/art...#storylink=cpy

Comment

I wonder what improvements/changes/additions will be made to downtown ICT during the time leading up to 2018?

Could we see a sort of renaissance like WSU's campus? Perhaps some of the chances they promised with the WaterWalk?
          The Assman

Comment

Start making your SASO donations now ... this will be one tough ticket.

I'm excited - I can' believe it has been 20 years since the early rounds were at the Cow Palace ... err ... Coliseum.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Since WSU is a co-host they can not play in IBA.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Isn't there a rule that a team cannot play in their home city? Thus ruling out the Shox playing in Wichita in the 1st. Errrrrrrr 2nd and 3rd rounds?
                From the article.
                WSU wouldn’t be allowed to play in the first two rounds at Intrust, according to NCAA rules.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                  According to Kansas.com, WSU wouldn't be able to play in Wichita.

WSU wouldn’t be allowed to play in the first two rounds at Intrust, according to NCAA rules. The Midwest Regional in 2018 is in Omaha.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/art...#storylink=cpy
                  Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  Since WSU is a co-host they can not play in IBA.
                  What if we aren't in the MVC, but that point?! ;)
                  The Assman

Comment

I know there are other factors here than just WSU, but I'm having a hard time imagining what more WSU could be doing for this town right now.

Comment

In regards to some of the other sites announced today, there are some favorable spots for us in the future.

In 2016, half of the first weekend sites are within an easy driving distance of Wichita (Denver, Des Moines, St. Louis, and Oklahoma City).

In 2017, Tulsa hosts for the first weekend, and Kansas City hosts the regional final. Memphis isn't an awful spot either for a regional final.
                      78-65

Comment

Isn't there a rule that a team cannot play in their home city? Thus ruling out the Shox playing in Wichita in the 1st. Errrrrrrr 2nd and 3rd rounds?
                        Per the announcement, they will be switching back to calling them first and second round games again. Thank God.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

BUT WHERE WILL WE PARK!!!

Comment

This announcement is so cool we have JH4P 'liking' a SF post. Kumbaya.

Comment

Wichita host site date is March 15th and 17th. The closest host site to WSU is Dallas which is also on the 15th and 17th.

There's a possibility of a first world problem of staying to attend the games at IBA to support the city, driving down to Dallas to support the Shockers, or staying in and not going to the games to watch the Shockers on TV.
                              ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                              www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

So if Newman hosts, we can play there?

Comment

Working...
                                X