No announcement yet.

Nurger please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Marshall says Nurger has the green light to shoot 3's, that's good enough for me. None of the Shocks shot the 3-ball well last night. Nurger looks like he has a nice stroke.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

On his radio show, Marshall singled out Nurgers ability to stretch the D as one of his strengths. No offense but I think Marshall is better judge of talent than Bill.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the title of this thread is in poor taste?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
        Oh, and most importantly, that play was called by Marshall. So, if you don't like Nurger on a pick and pop, call the Coach's show and let him know.
        DSM, this isn't necessarily aimed 100% at you; your post just happened to cause my BS threshold to be exceeded on this issue.

I am greatly entertained by a phenomenon I have generally only seen on SN: Any criticism - no matter how slight - is met with a "Well, are you the coach?", or "Are you making the decisions?", or some such nonsense. It is sort of akin to saying "I know you are but what am I?", dropping the mic, and walking off like you just laid out an ideological bomb. It is like some posters want this forum to have an overall tone and vibe more similar to a conversation about puppy dogs, rather than an unbiased and open forum for full dialog.

Apparently there needs to be a sticky to ensure posters only talk in the same manner, like we're all sunshine pumping robots.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          Also, am I the only one who thinks the title of this thread is in poor taste?
          TOTALLY! A clear attempt at forum humor, which is obviously verboten on SN.

Let's all talk about the scintillating intricacies of the Schedule C now.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            DSM, this isn't necessarily aimed 100% at you; your post just happened to cause my BS threshold to be exceeded on this issue.

I am greatly entertained by a phenomenon I have generally only seen on SN: Any criticism - no matter how slight - is met with a "Well, are you the coach?", or "Are you making the decisions?", or some such nonsense. It is sort of akin to saying "I know you are but what am I?", dropping the mic, and walking off like you just laid out an ideological bomb. It is like some posters want this forum to have an overall tone and vibe more similar to a conversation about puppy dogs, rather than an unbiased and open forum for full dialog.

Apparently there needs to be a sticky to ensure posters only talk in the same manner, like we're all sunshine pumping robots.
            Not taken personal. But in this situation, this play is designed to either open lane or for a three from the screener. In this case it was Nurger who got a good look. His first 3 in Koch Arena.

This question WAS directly at a player, who ran the play coach called.

But, while I admit I might be in the "In Marshall we Trust" crowd, this post and thread is not about rose colored glasses. It is defending a player who was called out by an idiot (calling YOU out @William:) who created a whole thread to chastise a player for doing exactly what he was supposed to do.

He could have easily added this as a thought in the game thread, but wanted attention. So I gave him some.

Comment

But you don't have any issue with a fan hopping on an anonymous message board and calling for a player to stop shooting the ball after seeing him play all of one real game in which not a single player connected from deep?

I agree the "if you have a problem why don't you call coach Marshall" response is lame. But I don't see a problem with quoting an expert in defense of a player.

Comment

Uh, I saw Bill's expert analysis of the Utah exhibition game. I will stick with Gregg Marshall over Bill any day.
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I would generally be with you, but since I think the original statement is garbage, it is hard to get in your corner. I think people should be able to have an opinion, but when the opinion is that our talented stretch 5 freshman center should stop shooting 3s after his first real college basketball game in which every player who took a 3 missed, your gonna get some backlash.
                  β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                  -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

I don't find jokes related to the N word funny.

Comment

nurger can shoot the three, run the floor and finish with flair.

game. set. match.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                        if marshall wants him shooting three's, which the coach has clearly green-lit, i want him shooting three's too. fire it up, rauno!
                        I have no problem with Rauno shooting three's but I don't want him to have a gunslinger attitude about it. He needs to make sure it is in the flow of the offense, he is open and not rushed.

So far I think he is rushing it/forcing it a little too much. The game will slow down from his as he gains experience and he will knock down his share of treys.

Comment

I am greatly entertained by a phenomenon I have generally only seen on SN: Any criticism - no matter how slight - is met with a "Well, are you the coach?", or "Are you making the decisions?", or some such nonsense. It is sort of akin to saying "I know you are but what am I?", dropping the mic, and walking off like you just laid out an ideological bomb. It is like some posters want this forum to have an overall tone and vibe more similar to a conversation about puppy dogs, rather than an unbiased and open forum.
                          Consider this criticism (moshock) of the criticism (SHOCKvalue) of the criticism (DSB) of the criticism (William)....and feel free to criticize me. That's what fan forums are all about.

BTW - keep firing away Nurger

Comment

Nice!
                            I got it too but I could never EVER like a william post.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                              William Please
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                You could have just stopped after the word "posts".
                                Then it wouldn't rhyme and flow, ya know?

(I know you are just taking a shot at Bill, who clearly you do not like)
                                β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Working...
                                X