Coaches Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
    21st and Oliver, still on the main campus where students can easily get to and it remains in the athletic complex. The facility must serve the "olympic" sports teams as well as basketball.
    This thread will bring you up to speed, @im4wsu. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
      I believe that corner of the GC is planned for a mixed use development (apts, shopping, restaurants). I read that proposals should be forthcoming soon.
      I can't imagine a scenario that would attract people to this area other than game nights. Wichita considers retail and residential development an end unto itself as opposed to a necessary, but insufficient, condition for economic progress. No surprise if the developer requires significant TIF and other public enhancement.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigman View Post
        THE PLAN IS FOR 7 SUITES ON THE EAST SIDE ABOVE THE ARENA SEATING, THROUGH THE ROOF. ENGINEERING IS WORKING THROUGH THAT BUT SEEM TO THINK IT CAN BE DONE.
        If in fact you know this to be the case, it sounds like it will go between CKA and the football stadium and they will attach it to the back side of the football stadium at an elevation above the current CKA seating, leaving covered parking for the coaches and VIP's below.

Comment

• RIGHT ABOVE THE ARENA, I'M THINKING THE SUITES WOULD BE ABOVE THE ROOF LINE WITH JUST THE GLASSED FRONT PROTRUDING INTO THE ARENA ABOVE THE TOP TEN OR 15 ROWS OF SEATS

Comment

• LOUD NOISES

Comment

• Suites above would be my first choice, somebody wanna sketch that out?
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

• Not exactly a rendering - but looking from the top, it looks like it wouldn't be too hard to tack on skyboxs - just build above the existing building, and tie into the roof of the chuck for the view into the game...from a broad view seams reasonable without too many changes. probably the biggest mod would be to the ventilation ducts that line the walls.

CKA Skybox.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                  Not exactly a rendering - but looking from the top, it looks like it wouldn't be too hard to tack on skyboxs - just build above the existing building, and tie into the roof of the chuck for the view into the game...from a broad view seams reasonable without too many changes. probably the biggest mod would be to the ventilation ducts that line the walls.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1910[/ATTACH]
                  Originally posted by TheYeti
                  If we're going to do the skybox thing, circle the arena! Get the old quietsters up there and free up bowl seating for the screamers!
                  I know this was just a quick sketch, @ShockerEngr:, but Yeti has a point, whether one side or all round, the boxes would probably curve with the arena. If just one side, curve on the inside, straight with the outside wall.

Comment

• I dont even think that qualifies as quick sketch...drawing a box in mspaint over a google image... really just looking to see where the might go with regards to the additions done last time and the current roof lines.

Comment

• I'm having a hard time grasping how this would be configured. As one who perches up in the rafters, I don't see how they could add luxury boxes without removing some of the arena seating and/or modifying the roof structure. I'm guessing that on the top row that there is at most 4 to 5 feet of vertical wall space between the top of the chair backs to the roof. I think that the article in Kansas.com states that one of the conditions is that they not lose any seating capacity and it even hints there could be a slight increase in the arena seating.
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
                        Build new arena at Hughes Metropolitan Complex. You got 17 acres to play with.

Hmmm, that's worth pondering...
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• that's what I was looking at from above, if you build the bulk of the skybox on top of/in what's now east side concourse, you could open the roof / wall up and provide a view to the court while minmally affecting seating. even if you lose a row or two there, total seating could be made up with the seats in the skybox.

A lot more feasible looking closer than what I though it would originally take.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                            that's what I was looking at from above, if you build the bulk of the skybox on top of/in what's now east side concourse, you could open the roof / wall up and provide a view to the court while minmally affecting seating. even if you lose a row or two there, total seating could be made up with the seats in the skybox.

A lot more feasible looking closer than what I though it would originally take.
                            Ok. I could see that working.
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                              I'm pretty sure that the court runs north-south not east-west.

Edit: After double checking, it is north-south. I use the East entrance and come in right behind sections 121-122, which are at center court.
                              When I'm in the Chuck, I completely lose my sense of direction; it's like I'm in a whole new world and love it.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                                I'm not an engineer and don't even play one on TV, but I would think the only viable option would be to add boxes above the current seating. The height that they would be above the court at Koch would be about the same as boxes at large NBA-type arenas. There are even a few NBA/NHL arenas with luxury boxes at the very top of the building. GM Place in Vancouver immediately comes to mind. While they're raising the roof, they might as well throw in a few thousand more regular seats...
                                This was my thought as well. I like the idea of keeping CKA and adding to it if possible. Look what they did with Arrowhead with the most recent renovation project to add the press box and other facilities as a local and successful case in point. I believe most agree Arrowhead has retained its distinct character while bringing up to NFL standards.

Comment

Working...
                                X