No announcement yet.

Coaches Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with @WuDrWu:, building a shiny new palace is the way to go.

Maybe this announcement is a way to test the waters and lure in more $$$ (I'M LOOKING AT YOU CHUCK!!!!)
    The Assman

Comment

Kudos to Bob who was the caller that asked HCGM the question. He also said he was at the inaugural game at the Round House back in '55.

Now which of you old timers is Bob?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
        Okay so if skyboxes were to get added to the current structure in a way that adds seating, what would it look like? How many seats could it add?

Are we talking 100? 500?

If there is a way to change a couple things on the floor and up top that could increase capacity from 10,506 to say, 11,500ish without taking the building completely apart, that would be perfect.
        I like that idea DJ06Shocker
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

When you guys say "Skyboxes"....are we talking about "Suites"??? And if so....where do you think they would be placed. Way at the top? Inquiring minds are well.....inquiring. :)
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

If I weren't already Eric Sexton, I'd be Bob. But...

Comment

THE PLAN IS FOR 7 SUITES ON THE EAST SIDE ABOVE THE ARENA SEATING, THROUGH THE ROOF. ENGINEERING IS WORKING THROUGH THAT BUT SEEM TO THINK IT CAN BE DONE.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigman View Post
                THE PLAN IS FOR 7 SUITES ON THE EAST SIDE ABOVE THE ARENA SEATING, THROUGH THE ROOF. ENGINEERING IS WORKING THROUGH THAT BUT SEEM TO THINK IT CAN BE DONE.
                Don Hall?

Comment

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but the project as described by Sexton sounds pretty lame. We don't want CKA to start looking like a three-legged Frankenstein. I guess architects can do some pretty amazing things though.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    Not to be a Debbie Downer, but the project as described by Sexton sounds pretty lame. We don't want CKA to start looking like a three-legged Frankenstein. I guess architects can do some pretty amazing things though.
                    Agreed.

One side of suites? Are they using the same geniuses that designed IBA?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• They're probably just working within their budgetary constraints.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Agreed.

One side of suites? Are they using the same geniuses that designed IBA?
                        And remember - as described in the most recent Kansas.com article - the suites would be placed on the east side of CKA, where in 2003 the concours was expanded and the offices/student support addition was added. That's all fine and well, but inside the arena itself that area coincides with court baseline, NOT a sideline. So the suites would be at the end of the court, on one side.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
                          Build new arena at Hughes Metropolitan Complex. You got 17 acres to play with.
                          21st and Oliver, still on the main campus where students can easily get to and it remains in the athletic complex. The facility must serve the "olympic" sports teams as well as basketball.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I'm pretty sure that the court runs north-south not east-west.

Edit: After double checking, it is north-south. I use the East entrance and come in right behind sections 121-122, which are at center court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                              I'm pretty sure that the court runs north-south not east-west
                              Actually, you're correct. Scratch my previous post. For whatever reason I've always gotten the compass orientation of the court wrong.

So the proposed bank of suites would be sideline, on the bench side.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                                21st and Oliver, still on the main campus where students can easily get to and it remains in the athletic complex. The facility must serve the "olympic" sports teams as well as basketball.
                                I believe that corner of the GC is planned for a mixed use development (apts, shopping, restaurants). I read that proposals should be forthcoming soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X