X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subscription cancelled.

Buh bye!

Comment

Kind of a cold response, isn't it? I am usually anti Sexton-bashing. But this Shocker Vision thing is pure insanity. No reason so many issues for so long. That being said.. there are a lot of variables with streaming stuff online. I watch MANY programs online through many different services.. and man oh man do they vary on the application, the day, or maybe just the program.

Comment

Originally posted by ky-mike View Post
        In other words, no help for the balance of the season.

Still sucks for those of us who don't have access to ESPN3.
        I asked on the previous page, but why do you think you don't have access to ESPN 3? It doesn't require a subscription. I know the Newman game wasn't blacked out. The previous games were blacked out for me, but I watched the replay later that night. I am so fed up with Shockervision and its poor quality that I am willing to stay off of social media while the game is playing and just watch it a couple hours later.

If you have the equipment to watch Shockervision, you should have the equipment to watch ESPN 3. I'm not trying to be contradictory or anything, if there's a reason people can't access ESPN 3 that I'm unaware of I'd love to know what it is.

Comment

I am thankful that ShockerVision has been available. There have been several games each of the past three years I could not have watched without it, not to mention the volleyball, women's basketball and baseball games I've watched.

My issue has been the fact that since we pay a sizeable amount for it (it's more than a Netflix subscription), the issues should have been addressed in a more timely manner.

- It's ridiculous that the same audio issue existed for at least the first two games (I was at the Newman game so I don't know if it's still a problem).
          - They say they can't broadcast in HD and have a score widget. Really?
          - They stopped archiving games three seasons ago.

I realize the product isn't a cash-cow, but for $11/mo I would expect any issue to get addressed and fixed before the next broadcast, and have someone at least available to troubleshoot in case the problem reappears.

With the response RDR got, now we have to be concerned that those of us in the Wichita area are going to get blacked-out on all the home games televised on Cox. ESPN3 may have a subscription option by then, but you can be sure it won't be cheap.

Comment

Trying to watch from the airport on my iPad is frustrating of course. It took me an hour to find the possible reason it wasn't streaming. By the time I figured it out, it still didn't work. I wound up watching the ESPN replay after the game was over.

Additionally, I've requested two refunds for single game purchases due to not being able to utilize the product in which I've paid.
            I never received the refund, nor received a response.
            Under $10 isn't big deal. It's just the frustration involved that gets tiring.
            Probably won't ever return to Shockervision.
            It used to be a yearly purchase for me.

Comment

ESPN3 does require access through an internet provider via username and pw. Mine does not provide that.

The sound issue was not fixed for the Newman game. That is really my only complaint at the current time. Video quality was reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by ky-mike View Post
                ESPN3 does require access through an internet provider via username and pw. Mine does not provide that.

The sound issue was not fixed for the Newman game. That is really my only complaint at the current time. Video quality was reasonable.
                That's what I thought your concern might be. It only asks for the login information for games that are on ESPN or ESPN2 or ESPNU. If it's only an ESPN 3 game it requires no login. It still may be blacked out in your area, in which case you can watch it later. Give it a try when you get a chance. They have replays of some of our most recent games. If it still requires a login, I'll believe you. But I think I'm in the same boat as you! I can't watch the ESPN games because I don't pay for TV service. I can watch all ESPN 3 games that aren't blacked out live and I can watch the rest within a couple of hours of the game ending.

I hope that fixes your issue and we can all leave shockervision forever!

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                  That's what I thought your concern might be. It only asks for the login information for games that are on ESPN or ESPN2 or ESPNU. If it's only an ESPN 3 game it requires no login. It still may be blacked out in your area, in which case you can watch it later. Give it a try when you get a chance. They have replays of some of our most recent games. If it still requires a login, I'll believe you. But I think I'm in the same boat as you! I can't watch the ESPN games because I don't pay for TV service. I can watch all ESPN 3 games that aren't blacked out live and I can watch the rest within a couple of hours of the game ending.

I hope that fixes your issue and we can all leave shockervision forever!
                  In order to use ESPN3, the provider you have your service with has to be a participating provider.

Here's one of their FAQ from http://espn.go.com/watchespn/faq#faq23.

I am a video subscriber to one of the affiliated providers. How do I authenticate?
                  Visit the What is WatchESPN? tab for an instructional video on how to authenticate your account for access.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    In order to use ESPN3, the provider you have your service with has to be a participating provider.

Here's one of their FAQ from http://espn.go.com/watchespn/faq#faq23.

I am a video subscriber to one of the affiliated providers. How do I authenticate?
                    Visit the What is WatchESPN? tab for an instructional video on how to authenticate your account for access.
                    You learn something new everyday. So the way I understand it now you have to have a subscription to an approved television provider with ESPN, ESPN2, etc to watch a live ESPN event through the WatchESPN app. I don't have that. To watch even ESPN 3 games, though, your ISP has to be on the approved list. Mine is on that list which is why I've never had to sign in with a username and password. Does that sound right?

Sorry @ky-mike:. I didn't understand because I've never had to enter a username and password.

Either way... shockervision sucks.

Comment

You learn something new everyday. So the way I understand it now you have to have a subscription to an approved television provider with ESPN, ESPN2, etc to watch a live ESPN event through the WatchESPN app. I don't have that. To watch even ESPN 3 games, though, your ISP has to be on the approved list. Mine is on that list which is why I've never had to sign in with a username and password. Does that sound right?

Sorry @ky-mike. I didn't understand because I've never had to enter a username and password.

Either way... shockervision sucks.
                      Does it show your provider some place on the ESPN3 web page? I have Cox and I believe it has the Cox icon on the page. You might have authenticated some time in the past with your provider or it might have been done automatically. I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                        Does it show your provider some place on the ESPN3 web page? I have Cox and I believe it has the Cox icon on the page. You might have authenticated some time in the past with your provider or it might have been done automatically. I don't know.
                        I think the ISP must have done it automatically. My ISP's logo shows up at the top right of the screen. Even when I clear my history and cookies my ISP shows up.

The only reason I am confident I have never done it before is because I wouldn't even begin to know what my username and password might be.

Comment

I think the ISP must have done it automatically. My ISP's logo shows up at the top right of the screen. Even when I clear my history and cookies my ISP shows up.

The only reason I am confident I have never done it before is because I wouldn't even begin to know what my username and password might be.
                          Okay. Here are some web sites that show live content. To watch them requires authentication with a TV provider such as Cox, etc. You could see if these are done automatically.

TBS Live

TNT Drama Live

Syfy

Comment

OK, I'll pass this along now that I see shockervision is ending after this season. For the past 2 years I have subscribed and been disappointed with the product. I went searching for a workaround to watch the home games through espn3. I found this link from our friends down in Texas. After installing, I tried it and it works perfectly and im able to watch all Shocker home games on espn3 even though I'm in Wichita. I hope this helps everyone else that is experiencing the same thing I was.

GO SHOCKS!

Instructions for bypassing the ESPN3 blackout for the SHSU game discussion on the TexAgs Texas A&M Football forum.

Comment

I was thankful that the Newman game was broadcast live on our Cox channel in the Tulsa area. I am hopeful that the games that aren't on ESPN etc., which probably aren't many, will be broadcasted live on our local Cox station. This is the first time in many years they have done this, and I appreicated it.

Comment

@BAShocker: I am assuming you mean CST. I had an email with Games that will he on CST amd broadcast across a wide footprint. If you search CST you can find it.

Comment

Working...
                                X