Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA 2nd 3rd round tickets

The presale code is MMADNESS

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Hmmm....I wonder when tickets went on sale?

No lower bowl available? I guess I'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Hmmm....I wonder when tickets went on sale?

No lower bowl available? I guess I'll wait.
      11:00 am Tuesday. By 11:40, none were available. A Scalper's wet dream.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

After last season, I'm not convinced of the upside. Decent tickets will be available at fair prices come game time if you can't get tickets through the office.

I can't imagine a more perfect scenario than KU UK at the same CLOSE location (along with WSU and KSTATE) and all kinds of tickets were available.

Those upper bowl tickets will be half price of what they are now come game time, mark my words.

Now certainly sCUm fans won't have anything better to do, so maybe they'll just want to see good basketball for a change and go themselves, but given their need to save money to try and move up the waiting list for Husker football tickets, I'm thinking more of a Joan of Ark discount package kind of thing come gameday.

Comment

After last season, I'm not convinced of the upside. Decent tickets will be available at fair prices come game time if you can't get tickets through the office.

I can't imagine a more perfect scenario than KU UK at the same CLOSE location (along with WSU and KSTATE) and all kinds of tickets were available.

Those upper bowl tickets will be half price of what they are now come game time, mark my words.

Now certainly sCUm fans won't have anything better to do, so maybe they'll just want to see good basketball for a change and go themselves, but given their need to save money to try and move up the waiting list for Husker football tickets, I'm thinking more of a Joan of Ark discount package kind of thing come gameday.
          You would, unfortunately, be wrong. Most people in Omaha, myself included, that have tickets, will be attending. I, along with everyone else I know, are planning on attending regardless of what Creighton is doing (CBI), or how much Husker football tickets cost. There will be tickets available and scalpers aplenty, but if the Shockers make it to Omaha, there will be zero Joan of Arc deals. A few years ago when Kansas was up here, Jayhawk fans were PISSED about the lack of ticket availability. They thought it was their birthright to have good, affordable seats to the NCAA. What was really funny was the Jayhawk next to me sat and bitches at me about it. He had the balls to tell me I had no right to be there when other Jayhawk fans were stuck outside.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

That actually won't surprise me, but I highly doubt upper bowl tickets will be a premium on the black market. There just isn't enough demand (just my opinion) for over priced stratosphere located seating. I'd be willing to bet that upper bowl tickets will be less than $70/session market value come game time.

I'm not going to sweat it too much, as I expect my very good friend @MoValley John: to hook me up if WSU is fortunate enough to get sent to Omaha, or my points should get me tickets in the school's allotment, hopefully.

Comment

That actually won't surprise me, but I highly doubt upper bowl tickets will be a premium on the black market. There just isn't enough demand (just my opinion) for over priced stratosphere located seating. I'd be willing to bet that upper bowl tickets will be less than $70/session market value come game time.

I'm not going to sweat it too much, as I expect my very good friend @MoValley John: to hook me up if WSU is fortunate enough to get sent to Omaha, or my points should get me tickets in the school's allotment, hopefully.
              I'm serious, tickets will cost, even upper bowl. In fact, they reshuffle tickets, so people like me give up our lower bowl tickets for lower mid court upper bowl. Baseline to baseline, lower bowl tickets go to participating schools and NCAA VIP's. So, your shot at excellent seats are within your SASO points and Wichita State. That will cost you. The remaining seats will be scalped from those season ticket holders who won't be attending. Once again, you'll pay.

As for me, I'd be glad to help if I can. Extra tickets do come up and I'd be glad to keep my eyes and ears open. No promises, be ready to depart Wichita on a moments notice.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I'll try to give a little perspective on why there won't be Joan of Arc tickets. Let's flip this thing on its head and say the NCAA is in Wichita and hosted by the Shockers. For sake of discussion, Wichita State is playing in Cleveland. Here we go.

Wichita State season ticket holders get first crack at NCAA tickets. Being 10,000 strong and with the ability for some bigger boosters to buy two tickets to the NCAA for every season ticket they have, 12,000 of the 15,000 IBA seats are gone a year prior to the event. The remaining 3,000 IBA seats are split up and given to the eight schools attending. So, before any teams have even played a regular season game, IBA is SOLD OUT. Three out of four Shocker fans that bought tickets plan on attending hell or high water. But Wichita State gets sent to Cleveland. 2,500 Shocker fans decide to go to Cleveland instead of watching the NCAA in Wichita. More would love to go, but short notice and cost limits travel to those 2,500. So, 2,500 tickets come available. But.......... family and friends scarf up 800 of them (low number 1,200 is more realistic. So, Kansas, whom once again BS'ed their way to a one seed and short trip to the NCAA's, have their allotted 2,000 seats, plus 1,700 seats being scalped by Shockers traveling to Cleveland. Throw in the handful of Shocker fans that originally bought tickets with the intention of scalping and there just aren't a whole lot of seats that will be Joan of Arc'ed. And that doesn't count any demand from the other seven team's fans that are scrambling for seats.

Sorry.

Comment

I'll save my money for National Championship tickets rather than give my money to the city of Omaha, tyvm.

Comment

Wichita State will not be in Omaha this year. There is too much contention for that site between the B12&B10, and there are two western sites that will need high seeds. WSU will go to Portland/Seattle in March.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Wichita State will not be in Omaha this year. There is too much contention for that site between the B12&B10, and there are two western sites that will need high seeds. WSU will go to Portland/Seattle in March.
                      So you're saying we WON'T go undefeated this year???

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        So you're saying we WON'T go undefeated this year???
                        You're saying that if we do, you think the selection committee will send us to Omaha?

Comment

Louisville would be a great place to end up... The 20 minute drive to the arena would be glorious!! :)

Comment

Speaking of regional sites...

Anyone know when they announce the future hosts for 2016 and beyond? I think it's coming up soon but didn't see a date after a quick search.

It would be great if IBA could land a slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                              Speaking of regional sites...

Anyone know when they announce the future hosts for 2016 and beyond? I think it's coming up soon but didn't see a date after a quick search.

It would be great if IBA could land a slot.
                              Mid-November.

Yes, it would be awesome, but of course, it's a longshot.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X