2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting info on this link

(If someone could fmp as I can't link well on iPad )

Shox have great chance to get into top 20 next 3-5 years for win totals. Currently around 14th out of top 40 with won/loss percentage.

Interesting to see SIU's 5 years of greatness and their w/l record
    CU's lack of tournament success is interesting and of course known. All those MVC tounament championships didn't bring NCAA wins.
    Last edited by Veritas; May 24, 2015, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
      Interesting info on this link

(If someone could fmp as I can't link well on iPad )

Shox have great chance to get into top 20 next 3-5 years for win totals. Currently around 14th out of top 40 with won/loss percentage.

Interesting to see SIU's 5 years of greatness and their w/l record
      CU's lack of tournament success is interesting and of course known. All those MVC tounament championships didn't bring NCAA wins.
      Also of interest, we are 13th in PPG differential at +6.1.

Creighton is 93rd at -6.6.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        Also of interest, we are 13th in PPG differential at +6.1.

Creighton is 93rd at -6.6.
        Win the NC and those 6 wins would put our record at 15-5, a win % of 75% which would move us from tied for #18 to tied for #4
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          Win the NC and those 6 wins would put our record at 15-5, a win % of 75% which would move us from tied for #18 to tied for #4
          Let's do it!!!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Its so nice to look at articles and consistently see WSU mentioned in the "Final Four/National Title Contenders section.

Visit ESPN to get up-to-the-minute sports news coverage, scores, highlights and commentary for AFL, NRL, Rugby, Cricket, Football and more.

College basketball's summer trips season: A guide

Final Four/national title contenders

Wichita State Shockers, Costa Rica or Spain/Italy
            The Shockers have a veteran backcourt in Ron Baker and Fred VanVleet, but the trip to whichever continent Wichita decides to visit will likely be more beneficial for some of the young guys, and also for Cleveland State grad transfer Anton Grady.
            Last edited by Stickboy46; May 27, 2015, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone, other than perhaps our FANTASTIC optimistic, forevershockerfan (I say this with only the most respect), ever in the past, REALISTICALLY, mentioned the distinct possibility, in the preseason, that the Shockers had the slightest chance of being in the Final Four? Even in the 1960's and 1980's?
              Last edited by 60Shock; May 28, 2015, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                Has anyone, other than perhaps our FANTASTIC optimistic, forevershockerfan (I say this with only the most respect), ever in the past, REALISTICALLY, mentioned the the distinct possibility, in the preseason, that the Shockers had the slightest chance of being in the Final Four? Even in the 1960's and 1980's?
                I assume you mean national press but the Good WuDrWu predicted our final four run.:poster_wu:
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Yes, I did mean national press and not shocker fans.

Comment

• I honestly believed the Shox would have a very good chance of making a perfect run through the Valley this upcoming season, and that was before 3G nabbed Grady. With the addition of Anton, I think our chances increased significantly. The sophomores will be a step quicker this season as they have become fully accustomed to HCGM's playbook and I'm thinking Rauno's health problems from last year will be behind him and he'll get significant minutes.

And there is at least one writer who agrees: http://www.vavel.com/en-us/ncaa/coll...2015-2016.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                      I honestly believed the Shox would have a very good chance of making a perfect run through the Valley this upcoming season, and that was before 3G nabbed Grady. With the addition of Anton, I think our chances increased significantly. The sophomores will be a step quicker this season as they have become fully accustomed to HCGM's playbook and I'm thinking Rauno's health problems from last year will be behind him and he'll get significant minutes.

And there is at least one writer who agrees: http://www.vavel.com/en-us/ncaa/coll...2015-2016.html
                      For a site I've never heard of, that exceeded expectations.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                        For a site I've never heard of, that exceeded expectations.
                        Yeah, me too. I'm stuck with an antiquated browser at work coupled with serious security restrictions so I couldn't navigate the site to the point of finding out more about it but the facts were spot on.

Comment

• Vavel.com They call themselves "The International Sports Newspaper." Looks like it's pretty well put together, and there are a lot of pretty interesting reads.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Nice article giving RB and FVV some love.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                              http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...2015-16-season

Nice article giving RB and FVV some love.
                              Although the duos were not numbered, Fred and Ron were the final slide, which are usually presented with the best as last.
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Looks like the KU duo has Fred VV and Perry Ellis. Interesting!

Comment

Working...
                                X