No announcement yet.

2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "ridiculously over seeded" or did they mean under seeded? The tone make me think under seeded was the intended word.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
      "ridiculously over seeded" or did they mean under seeded? The tone make me think under seeded was the intended word.
      That's not the first time I have seen our seeding in this tourney referred to as over seeded. Starting to qyestion the definition...
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Looks like he meant underseeded, but yeah, it's tough to decipher when a team being overseeded receives a lower number seed than they should.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• @JonRothstein: The latest @CBSSports looks at five potential breakout players for the 15-16 college basketball season. Story: http://cbsprt.co/1Itsg5Q

Wichita State forward Rashard Kelly: Darius Carter is out of eligibility, which means a bigger role for Kelly. The 6-7 power forward only averaged 2.9 points and 2.9 rebounds in 13.8 minutes as a freshman, but those numbers should drastically increase. Tough, rugged and downright nasty, he could around 10 points and eight rebounds next season.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
              @JonRothstein: The latest @CBSSports looks at five potential breakout players for the 15-16 college basketball season. Story: http://cbsprt.co/1Itsg5Q

Wichita State forward Rashard Kelly: Darius Carter is out of eligibility, which means a bigger role for Kelly. The 6-7 power forward only averaged 2.9 points and 2.9 rebounds in 13.8 minutes as a freshman, but those numbers should drastically increase. Tough, rugged and downright nasty, he could around 10 points and eight rebounds next season.
              That seems like an odd selection to me. Could he have really been thinking of Shaq Morris and confused him for Kelly?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                That seems like an odd selection to me. Could he have really been thinking of Shaq Morris and confused him for Kelly?
                I don't think so; I'd bet Rothstein visited with coach Marshall and heard the 'nasty' comment. Kelly was solid early and then hit the 'freshman wall' and seemed to lose his confidence.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  I don't think so; I'd bet Rothstein visited with coach Marshall and heard the 'nasty' comment. Kelly was solid early and then hit the 'freshman wall' and seemed to lose his confidence.
                  Confidence is key for him. He allowed himself to get nervous and speed himself up. He missed a lot of "gimmes" by fumbling the ball.

Comment

• Other game slowed down for Morris and Brown...not so much for Kelly. It will though.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Rashard Kelly

Kelly needs to polish his post up moves with his back to the basket. You could see him attempt those kind of moves as the season progressed, but he could never quite finish and score.

Comment

• Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                          Kelly needs to polish his post up moves with his back to the basket. You could see him attempt those kind of moves as the season progressed, but he could never quite finish and score.
                          Kelly did show the footwork to make moves with back to basket. Rauno never showed a back to the basket move without getting tangled up. Even in the St. Louis game at IBA where Rauno scored double figures, and played close to 20 minutes, almost all of his points were off if 3 point shots

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            Kelly did show the footwork to make moves with back to basket. Rauno never showed a back to the basket move without getting tangled up. Even in the St. Louis game at IBA where Rauno scored double figures, and played close to 20 minutes, almost all of his points were off if 3 point shots
                            Umm....no. #20 NURGER, Rauno....... 5-9 2-4 3-3 0 1 1 1 15 2 0 1 1 15. Played 15 minutes, scored 15, 6 from two 3pt. He was 3-5 inside the arc. The disturbing part of this line is only 1 rebound, but he did have 2 assists, a block, a steal, and no turnovers.

Comment

• I put this link here as I don't believe it deserves its own thread.

Mark Cuban blasts the NCAA billionaire to billionaire. "The ref's couldn't manage a White Castle."
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                                I put this link here as I don't believe it deserves its own thread.

Mark Cuban blasts the NCAA billionaire to billionaire. "The ref's couldn't manage a White Castle."
                                http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...160308391.html
                                Interesting that he used the comparison of White Castle there, since he infamously made a similar comment about Dairy Queen, then went to manage a Dairy Queen and got good PR out of it.
                                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                                X