X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Rlh04d: I forgot about that!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...ts-of-the-yearWSU vs KU made the list
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post

Think Shockers fans might talk a little trash for the next few months or decades off this? Yes. Yes, they will.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Up to #10
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• http://www.si.com/college-basketball...t-games-season WSU vs KU top 10 game
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• 3 to transfer from WSU.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• This is random and undeserving of a separate thread, but cool nonetheless.

Wichita State won a game in the NCAA Tournament for the 3rd consecutive season this year. The only other current MVC member to do that was Drake from 1969-71. No team has won games in 4 consecutive NCAA Tournaments as an MVC member since Cincinnati in the 1960s.

Note that during the time span between Drake's run and ours, the following teams have made the Final Four or National Title Game as a member of the MVC: Louisville (1972, 1975); Memphis (1973); Indiana State (1979). None of those teams won games in three consecutive tournaments in the years surrounding their deep run.

We are in the middle of a very special time.

Comment

• Teams to win at least 1 game in the last 3 NCAA tournaments:

Wichita State 5.67
                  Kansas 1.67
                  North Carolina 6.00
                  Oregon 9.00
                  Arizona 3.00
                  Louisville 3.00
                  Michigan State 4.67
                  San Diego State 6.33

It was probably @WuShock16: that first pointed this out to me. 8 teams have won at least 1 game in the dance for the last 3 seasons. The number to the side is the average seed.

Go to 4 consecutive years and it's only Ku, MSU, Louisville and UNC.

The number of teams to just make the tournament 4 years in a row is not a lot larger. I'll work on that later. Special company. We belong.

Comment

• Not sure I gave that to you, Doc, but it's good stuff regardless. Here is more info.

List of teams outside the 316 with 27 wins each of the last five seasons:

(Crickets...)
                    78-65

Comment

• If our guys don't stop this nonsense, I might start thinking that they walk on water.

I wished I could have been a fly on the wall when the principal told the kids about their visitors.

:yahoo::bball_spin:
                      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                        This is random and undeserving of a separate thread, but cool nonetheless.

Wichita State won a game in the NCAA Tournament for the 3rd consecutive season this year. The only other current MVC member to do that was Drake from 1969-71. No team has won games in 4 consecutive NCAA Tournaments as an MVC member since Cincinnati in the 1960s.

Note that during the time span between Drake's run and ours, the following teams have made the Final Four or National Title Game as a member of the MVC: Louisville (1972, 1975); Memphis (1973); Indiana State (1979). None of those teams won games in three consecutive tournaments in the years surrounding their deep run.

We are in the middle of a very special time.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Teams to win at least 1 game in the last 3 NCAA tournaments:

Wichita State 5.67
                        Kansas 1.67
                        North Carolina 6.00
                        Oregon 9.00
                        Arizona 3.00
                        Louisville 3.00
                        Michigan State 4.67
                        San Diego State 6.33

It was probably @WuShock16 that first pointed this out to me. 8 teams have won at least 1 game in the dance for the last 3 seasons. The number to the side is the average seed.

Go to 4 consecutive years and it's only Ku, MSU, Louisville and UNC.

The number of teams to just make the tournament 4 years in a row is not a lot larger. I'll work on that later. Special company. We belong.
                        Very impressive company. And yes, maybe even deserving of its own thread.

http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...is-one-of-them...

(Gotta give Gonzaga props. Doc left them off his list of 4+ years winning a game, but them sitting at 7 years running (second only to KU at 9) is quite impressive. I hope WSU's run under Marshall is able to be that consistent)
                        Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; April 15, 2015, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• Just another clueless P5 snob :stupid:

Some people will never learn.
                          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/...court/32371398

If our guys don't stop this nonsense, I might start thinking that they walk on water.

I wished I could have been a fly on the wall when the principal told the kids about their visitors.

:yahoo::bball_spin:
                            wessell, brown and nurger!.. gold rings on 'ya!

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                              Just another clueless P5 snob :stupid:

Some people will never learn.
                              Author went to Kentucky...
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                Author went to Kentucky...
                                Saw that. Don't you also love how he says we're not suddenly getting better recruits? Can't let facts get in the way of his narrative.

Comment

Working...
                                X