2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
    This may get me banned, but when Marshall turns his head to side and has the"What just happened" look on his face - THIS is who he has always reminded me of:

Squiggy! (and, you know I am right . .)
    I think he looks like the dude in the middle (Mathesar)... :)

Last edited by WstateU; March 26, 2015, 03:52 PM.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Fantastic breakdown (with video) of the Shocks offensive plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
        Jesus, cleared my ignore list. Probably shouldn't have done that.
        Now you have the privilege to see all my keyboard vomit.
        :-)

Comment

• One of Paul Suellentrop's better efforts IMHO:

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Ha!

Watch FOX Sports and view live scores, odds, team news, player news, streams, videos, stats, standings & schedules covering NFL, MLB, NASCAR, WWE, NBA, NHL, college sports & more!

NO BS. Check it out for yourself
            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
              KU Starters: Jr, So, So, So, Fr
              WSU Starters: Sr, Sr, Jr, Jr, Jr

KU Minutes by Upperclassman: 51
              WSU Minutes by Upperclassman: 171

KU Minutes by Underclassman: 149
              WSU Minutes by Underclassman: 29

KenPom Experience Ranks
              WSU: 157th (Right in the middle of D1)
              KU: 338th (Out of 351 D1 teams)

WSU's bench is young (just like KU's), but WSU has a very veteran starting lineup that plays the majority of the minutes. In the matchup last Sunday, the "veteran team vs young team" storyline was very appropriate.
              I suppose I wasn't thinking about the actual minutes. Our roster is very young, but our minute-getters are a little more experienced. I'd still say a team with only 2 seniors on the roster... that starts 3 juniors and one of the seniors is a juco isn't exactly a veteran, mid major team as the narrative usually goes. The fact that we are 157 in whatever that KenPom experience thing is is a testament to the point I was making. We are very average when it comes to experience. Right down the middle. We are not at all an incredibly experienced, senior laden team who was one last hurrah in the tank before they all graduate, reducing the whole program to rubble. That's closer to what I was trying to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                Well, you're right in the sense that they didn't get worked because the Shocks had more experience (again, I'll use this platform to say that experience has ZERO correlation to winning, even though it might seem like it). I do, however, disagree with the assessment that we were better because of effort. KU probably tried just as hard as we did, but we were plain better.
                I entirely disagree about your "ZERO correlation to winning" point. HOW MUCH correlation depends on talent. Unquestionably, there is, at a minimum, SOME correlation between experience and winning.

There's no doubt our current bench freshmen players, who stay with WSU, will be far better talents in their senior years than they are this year.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• To those interested. Here's my interview with Joe Lunardi conducted the other week.

============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                  www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                    Jesus, cleared my ignore list. Probably shouldn't have done that.
                    Aww Jesus, why did you do that.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Ron baker a wooden all ameri can
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        Ron baker a wooden all ameri can
                        YEY

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• 2. Gregg Marshall made the right decision in passing on Alabama

There’s no reason to leave for a power five job if you already coach at one of the better programs in college basketball and that’s what Marshall has created at Wichita State. In the last five seasons, the Shockers have won a total of 151 games including a trip to the Final Four in 2013. There’s no reason to leave that type of culture for Tuscaloosa, even if the Crimson Tide were going pay Marshall in excess of four million dollars a year. Wichita State’s counter offer will pay the head coach handsomely and more importantly, he’ll still have a chance to coach an elite team next season. As long as Ron Baker stays in school, the Shockers will arguably have the best perimeter players in the sport next season with Baker, Fred Van Vleet, and Kansas transfer Conner Frankamp.
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Nothing of substance, just a recap of the post season's tweets on ShockerHoops http://shockerhoops.net/back
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• The 2015 NCAA tournament didn’t fail to deliver some incredibly memorable moments, from the early-round Cinderella stories to the One Shining Moment net-cutting. Here’s a look back at t…

Comment

Working...
                                X