2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    Its because it fits the only classic go-to narrative that can explain how WSU is beating everyone. It's that whole argument that one and dones sometimes get a pass on losing to the "veteran, senior laden" mid major squad. It just can't be that the program is that strong...

That is often true, but Marshall's program is becoming different. I've already heard people say how we were able to beat KU because they are just so young and we are so old and developed. Nevermind the fact that our team is very young.
    And never mind the fact that experience has zero provable correlation to winning championships.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
      From the Yahoo news thread:

Give In to Gregg Marshall: In Praise of College Basketball’s Conservative Weirdo

"Wolf? Or sheep?

Are you a wolf? Or are you a sheep?

ARE YOU A WOLF OR ARE YOU A SHEEP?

As he noted last March, Gregg Marshall is a ******* wolf — and the day he rolls out of bed and considers himself a sheep will be the day the American economy wheezes its final hungry breath.."
      Thanks. Not really a fan of this article, though. Seems like he stretched a bunch of nonsense into nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
        Thanks. Not really a fan of this article, though. Seems like he stretched a bunch of nonsense into nothing.
        I like the start but think the writer drifts into the weeds.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Just listened to Feinstein and Cremins on XM91. They talked about coaches missing on recruits from their own state. Particularly Stephan Curry. How it isn't nearly as bad to recruit a kid hard and lose him to another school, but Kansas, in the case of Ron Baker -- good grief, they didn't even recruit him and he is at Wichita State. That's really a miss.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Had a friend come in and tell me that Forbes had been hired by East Tennessee State.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              Just listened to Feinstein and Cremins on XM91. They talked about coaches missing on recruits from their own state. Particularly Stephan Curry. How it isn't nearly as bad to recruit a kid hard and lose him to another school, but Kansas, in the case of Ron Baker -- good grief, they didn't even recruit him and he is at Wichita State. That's really a miss.
              I don't think guys who develop late should be considered misses. If you are KU then you are going to have bigger problems if you wait until all your recruits are seniors before locking them down. Kansas has done fine recruiting and doesn't have to get diamonds in the rough.

Comment

Had a friend come in and tell me that Forbes had been hired by East Tennessee State.

http://www.timesnews.net/article/908...s-for-bucs-job
                I saw that the other day. Great for him .. loss for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  See also: Grantland

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                    From the Yahoo news thread:

Give In to Gregg Marshall: In Praise of College Basketball’s Conservative Weirdo

"Wolf? Or sheep?

Are you a wolf? Or are you a sheep?

ARE YOU A WOLF OR ARE YOU A SHEEP?

As he noted last March, Gregg Marshall is a ******* wolf — and the day he rolls out of bed and considers himself a sheep will be the day the American economy wheezes its final hungry breath.."
                    After reading that I know more about the author's politics than Gregg's.

But I guess for the average columnist, those who have favorable views of Capitalism are the "weirdos".
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Had a friend come in and tell me that Forbes had been hired by East Tennessee State.

I don't understand this move. He could have done so much better. He's starting at one of those schools who might as well be D2; not the same situation as ACCJ got last year, not even close. Guess you have to start somewhere when you want to hang out your own shingle, but geez...

Comment

Looks like we may have a spot for Anthony Grant as he is currently unemployed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          I don't understand this move. He could have done so much better. He's starting at one of those schools who might as well be D2; not the same situation as ACCJ got last year, not even close. Guess you have to start somewhere when you want to hang out your own shingle, but geez...
                          Mercer and Wofford aren't bad, and ETSU has been in the tournament. I agree, I think Coach Forbes can do better, but it might be a diamond in the rough like Bowling Green.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                            Mercer and Wofford aren't bad, and ETSU has been in the tournament. I agree, I think Coach Forbes can do better, but it might be a diamond in the rough like Bowling Green.
                            He's already been a head coach. I believe he is from Tennessee. He also still has the "baggage" that Bruce Pearl hung on him. I wonmder how the $$$ compares to his spot at Wichita State?

Comment

• Unless I am missing something, he did not take the ETSU job.

The article linked says he is the leading candidate.
                              Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• Coach Marshall is getting quite the coaching tree going or at least his own branch of Coach Kresse tree.
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X