Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    5th game.
    Got it thanks....but it still "reads" wrong damn-it. Lol Makes it sound like we lost 5 games. Oh well..I can't be mad today. Just too damn good of a damn good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Is it okay if I just leave this here?

But for thousands of fans – WSU officials are hoping a capacity crowd of 10,506 shows up for “GameDay” and the game of the day no matter the weather – this is just another cherry on top of what has been an incredible hot fudge sundae of a run by the Shockers.

It started with an NIT championship in 2011; the Shockers had never done that before.

Then came an NCAA appearance in 2012; the Shockers had done that once in the previous 23 years.

Then Wichita State came from a No. 9 seed to knock off No. 1-seed Gonzaga and ultimately reach the Final Four in 2013; the Shockers hadn’t done that in 47 years.

Then WSU won its first 35 games of the 2013-14 season; no team on this planet had done that before.

And now, to end the month of February as the mysteries of March beckon, the Shockers are trying to win their third Missouri Valley Conference title in the past four years. It’s about time ESPN’s “College GameDay” made its way here. What took so long?

Guess Boob was in a coma in 2006.

One can only shake their head at the sheer incompetence of the Wichita sports media. This coming from one of that esteemed class' lead nincompoops.

Pretty easy to understand where the ignorant and baseless criticisms of the Shocks come from both locally and nationally - they originate from those who are paid to apparently not know their ass from a hole in the ground. Forgetting a S16 from just 9 years ago is just not acceptable from someone who earns a living in this market. The Eagle and Boob should be bald-ass embarrassed, but they won't be because incompetence is the new norm in their profession.

Comment

• Maybe I'm not understanding your comments, but WSU had only been once in the previous 23 years. That was a correct statement. 2006 was that year. Am I misunderstanding?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
          Maybe I'm not understanding your comments, but WSU had only been once in the previous 23 years. That was a correct statement. 2006 was that year. Am I misunderstanding?
          Yeah, I'm not following either. That's quite a rant and I don't understand.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• I think he might be suggesting that our re-birth run started in '06 when we went to Sweet-16 as opposed to the NIT year. Correct me if I'm wrong.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• @SHOCKvalue: is misreading it to be "the first time in 23 years."

Bob's statement was correct.
              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• That's what I'm thinking. And, it just makes me laugh that @SHOCKvalue: rants like he does, and does so when HE's WRONG, and "BOOB" is correct.

Comment

• Facts are meddlesome things. They get in the way of rants.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• SHOCKvalue is Lutz?
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

• Perhaps because March is finally here, college basketball left us with quite a few good highlights on Saturday. So from the SEC to the Missouri Valley, we bring you some of the most ridiculous disp…

Better than SCTOP10...
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                        2 of 5 Pretty Snazzy.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• @SportsRadio810: Talking about the big weekend at Wichita State with play by play man Mike Kennedy now on The Program. The 2... http://t.co/PROjFw6dRT
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• MK doing a great job on the KC radio interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                              First rule of pack-line defense? Don't get beat baseline. Look how hard the defender bites to defend the baseline. Fred abused him on this play.

Comment

• KC radio guy says the word on the street is that HCGM will not leave WSU unless its a blue blood program. MK says he won't want to go to a place where football is bigger than basketball unless its a place like Texas. KC radio guy says he would think that the Indiana job is more appealing. Kennedy says Gregg isn't going to a place colder than Wichita and there is no reason that a coach can't be successful at Texas with all the basketball recruits in the area. Austin is a great place to live.
                                Last edited by Shocker-maniac; March 2, 2015, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X