No announcement yet.

2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoa whoa whoa, Tuttle might dominate Darius? Come on man! The only way that happens is if Darius is sitting on the bench with back problems. And if that's the case I'll be interested to see the Tuttle vs the Shaq wall matchup.

Also I love how the narrative on this team is still "they're not as good as last year." Maybe that's still the case but the gap is narrowing. I still think this years team is potentially deeper.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      Whoa whoa whoa, Tuttle might dominate Darius? Come on man! The only way that happens is if Darius is sitting on the bench with back problems. And if that's the case I'll be interested to see the Tuttle vs the Shaq wall matchup.

Also I love how the narrative on this team is still "they're not as good as last year." Maybe that's still the case but the gap is narrowing. I still think this years team is potentially deeper.
      I expect Tuttle to be dominated by committee.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
        Whoa whoa whoa, Tuttle might dominate Darius? Come on man! The only way that happens is if Darius is sitting on the bench with back problems. And if that's the case I'll be interested to see the Tuttle vs the Shaq wall matchup.

And I think none of the teams this year are as good as WSU last year. Yet I am aware that it has no bearing on this season, unlike a lot of people. Making the comparison on occasion is fine, but using it to justify lower rankings or a lesser set of peers is asinine. Compare the team to its peers, 2014-2015 teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          I expect Tuttle to be dominated by committee.
          Meaning he will struggle against a well coached group of big men who will generally have fresh legs and a diverse skill set?

Or meaning he will literally get dominated by anyone we put on the floor :)

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
            Meaning he will struggle against a well coached group of big men who will generally have fresh legs and a diverse skill set?

Or meaning he will literally get dominated by anyone we put on the floor :)
            A little of both. Mostly he will wear dowm against fresh legs and a variety of defensive skills. Darius will be Darius in the paint SHAQWALL will draw fouls. Rashard will beat on the glass and Zach will harrass on the perimeter.

We have a lot of options..
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I fully expect Shaq to have a strong, eventually season defining performance against UNI. We've witnessed him underperform in games against lesser quality opponents, but he has also shown himself to thrive when faced with difficult match ups. With all the hype surrounding our games between UNI this season, I expect him to play hyped up as well.
              Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• I guess when you're tired of getting drilled every year, you'll say whatever you can to try to get some attention for your guys. Somebody on the Sycamores is in for an interesting night...

▪ Indiana State recovered from a miserable non-conference performance to start 5-0 in MVC play. Lansing credits Brown with taking control of the team when transfer point guard Tre Bennett didn’t adjust as quickly as hoped.

“He works like crazy at it,” Lansing said. “He watches a lot of tape. He shoots extra every day. I think he’s the best defender in the league.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy
                Last edited by Remember'70; January 28, 2015, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remember'70 View Post
                  I guess when you're tired of getting drilled every year, you'll say whatever you can to try to get some attention for your guys. Somebody on the Sycamores is in for an interesting night...

▪ Indiana State recovered from a miserable non-conference performance to start 5-0 in MVC play. Lansing credits Brown with taking control of the team when transfer point guard Tre Bennett didn’t adjust as quickly as hoped.

“He works like crazy at it,” Lansing said. “He watches a lot of tape. He shoots extra every day. I think he’s the best defender in the league.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy
                  Yes, that little nugget will get filed away....:)

Comment

• Hey you guys. A friend texted me said that Gottlube was blowing on his show today about some recruiting violation allegations involving WSU. What the heck is that dude talking about? Can anyone confirm if they heard his show and if I'm just getting a bunch of bad information? Consider the source, obviously. What a DB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                      Hey you guys. A friend texted me said that Gottlube was blowing on his show today about some recruiting violation allegations involving WSU. What the heck is that dude talking about? Can anyone confirm if they heard his show and if I'm just getting a bunch of bad information? Consider the source, obviously. What a DB.
                      Could be baseball.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                        Hey you guys. A friend texted me said that Gottlube was blowing on his show today about some recruiting violation allegations involving WSU. What the heck is that dude talking about? Can anyone confirm if they heard his show and if I'm just getting a bunch of bad information? Consider the source, obviously. What a DB.
                        From Gottlieb's radio show web site:

Wichita State baseball’s wait on NCAA decision -Baseball infractions that appear minor #WichitaState kansas.com/sports/college… 1 hour ago
                        I think the baseball program is still waiting on a final declaration from the NCAA relating to the apparel-gate violations that occurred at the end of Gene's tenure. I think the general consensus is that the suspensions served last year will prove to be deemed satisfactory. Not sure why it takes the NCAA so long to complete their work. This isn't rocket science.

Comment

• Fresh off the press from the Eagle regarding baseball violations:

BTW, these violations had to do with impermissible benefits to athletes already in the program and did not involve recruiting.

Comment

• Why the hell would Gooblieb be talking about a nothing college BASEBALL topic on his radio show?

Oh ya. He has an axe to grind after being owned last year.

Carry on.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Why the hell would Gooblieb be talking about a nothing college BASEBALL topic on his radio show?

Oh ya. He has an axe to grind after being owned last year.

Carry on.
                              In his tweet he referenced Sully's article. He saw a headline that was less then flattering for WSU and wanted make it sound like a much bigger deal than it really is.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                In his tweet he referenced Sully's article. He saw a headline that was less then flattering for WSU and wanted make it sound like a much bigger deal than it really is.

https://twitter.com/GottliebShow/sta...57362256547840
                                Suck hole.

Comment

Working...
                                X