No announcement yet.

2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tekele cotton on ESPN top 10 today with a monster dunk !!

Comment

• Originally posted by rialaigh View Post
      Tekele cotton on ESPN top 10 today with a monster dunk !!
      #4 POTD on last nights SC. Soccer highlight #3 :(

Couldn't locate top 10 plays; game highlights here:

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
      Last edited by WstateU; November 19, 2014, 10:02 PM.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        On FOX Sports LIVE they said best WSU can do is Elite Eight, no shot at Final Four.

Did say backcourts win in March though, and we may have the best.

Lulz. I'm sure our "best possible outcome" in 2013 was the round of 32.

Comment

• Good article from the game yesterday"

Watch FOX Sports and view live scores, odds, team news, player news, streams, videos, stats, standings & schedules covering NFL, MLB, NASCAR, WWE, NBA, NHL, college sports & more!

Comment

• Valley Coaches Teleconference from Monday I think (sorry if this was covered elsewhere).

It's mostly dull, even Barruh didn't have much for us. That being said, HCGM gets a question about Dana which is worth a listen, just for grins.

November 17 MVC Coaches Teleconference

Coach starts around the 54 minute mark. Dana question asked just after the 57 minute mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Valley Coaches Teleconference from Monday I think (sorry if this was covered elsewhere).

It's mostly dull, even Barruh didn't have much for us. That being said, HCGM gets a question about Dana which is worth a listen, just for grins.

Coach starts around the 54 minute mark. Dana question asked just after the 57 minute mark.
              I'd say he did a good job of not going there, but it was funny how many different ways he kept stressing that Dana Ford was only with us for 10 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                I'd say he did a good job of not going there, but it was funny how many different ways he kept stressing that Dana Ford was only with us for 10 months.
                For some reason I was expecting a Dana Altman discussion, but this is funny just as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Good article from the game yesterday"

http://www.foxsports.com/kansas-city...he-same-111814

I liked the law firm of VanVleet, Baker & Cotton

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    10 and A HALF months.

Comment

Valley Coaches Teleconference from Monday I think (sorry if this was covered elsewhere).

What a waste of time. Is that the best question they can come up with for the Coach of a Top 10 team?

Comment

• Next time, Coach, take the fine and skip the conference call.

Then they will have questions.

Comment

I liked the law firm of VanVleet, Baker & Cotton
                          Hey, wait a second -- he stole that from me! I've called them that several times in the past, although I haven't always used the word "law," sometimes going with just "the firm of VanVleet, Baker & Cotton" (or some variation on the order).

Of course, he's actually right on target with his emphasis on law, because if there's one thing that group does, it's lay down the law on defense -- although their method, ironically, is multiple instances of larceny. So I guess I'll let it slide this time.

Comment

• RockChalkTalk had an exclusive interview with Clark Kellogg this week and asked him about the Shox.

Mike (mikeville): We mentioned Wichita State a little while ago. Do you see Wichita State sticking around for a while, or do you see them more kind of like as a - you know how Butler made the two national title games, and then we haven't heard much from Butler for the last year or two - how do you look at Wichita State?

Clark Kellogg: You know, with the leadership there of Gregg Marshall and his staff, and it all comes down to the players you get. You need leadership on the sideline, clearly, you have to, I mean, all coaches will tell you, you need to have really good players to have championship caliber teams. I think they're going to continue. Wichita State has a really rich basketball history, Gregg Marshall has built on that and has had outstanding recent success. I don't think it's going away. I think it's here to stay. Does that mean Final Fours? I think they're gonna be a player on the national scene for a while, I really do. I just, I think he'll get really good players, coach them up, and develop them. And in basketball, you don't have to be at the, in the power conferences or at the perennial power places to have success. And I think Wichita State will be one of those kind of programs.

http://www.rockchalktalk.com/2014/11/20/7251195/rct-exclusive-interview-clark-kellogg

(Based on the transcript, I initially thought the interviewer interrupted Clark's answer. But I think he cut off the second interviewer to ask his wrap up.)
                            Last edited by Wuzee; November 20, 2014, 04:19 PM.
                            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                              RockChalkTalk had an exclusive interview with Clark Kellogg this week and asked him about the Shox.

Mike (mikeville): We mentioned Wichita State a little while ago. Do you see Wichita State sticking around for a while, or do you see them more kind of like as a - you know how Butler made the two national title games, and then we haven't heard much from Butler for the last year or two - how do you look at Wichita State?

Clark Kellogg: You know, with the leadership there of Gregg Marshall and his staff, and it all comes down to the players you get. You need leadership on the sideline, clearly, you have to, I mean, all coaches will tell you, you need to have really good players to have championship caliber teams. I think they're going to continue. Wichita State has a really rich basketball history, Gregg Marshall has built on that and has had outstanding recent success. I don't think it's going away. I think it's here to stay. Does that mean Final Fours? I think they're gonna be a player on the national scene for a while, I really do. I just, I think he'll get really good players, coach them up, and develop them. And in basketball, you don't have to be at the, in the power conferences or at the perennial power places to have success. And I think Wichita State will be one of those kind of programs.

http://www.rockchalktalk.com/2014/11/20/7251195/rct-exclusive-interview-clark-kellogg

(Based on the transcript, I initially thought the interviewer interrupted Clark's answer. But I think he cut off the second interviewer to ask his wrap up.)
                              I don't think that was the answer that the beakers were looking for. Take that!
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                                Hey, wait a second -- he stole that from me! I've called them that several times in the past, although I haven't always used the word "law," sometimes going with just "the firm of VanVleet, Baker & Cotton" (or some variation on the order).

Of course, he's actually right on target with his emphasis on law, because if there's one thing that group does, it's lay down the law on defense -- although their method, ironically, is multiple instances of larceny. So I guess I'll let it slide this time.
                                I used that term last year for the law firm of Carter, Coleby and Lufile also.... this year it is the firm of Carter, Morris, Nurger, Kelly and Wamukota..:poster_wsu:
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X