2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    I chuckled at the sentence about Marshall and McDermott.
    Indeed. Though I think luck has very little to do with the position of both coaches.

Comment

• @Gary:ParrishCBS: Here are the 25 best non-league games scheduled before January listed in chronological order: http://goo.gl/kOVc0c
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• B/R top 100

#93 Cotton
        #9 Van Vleet
        #6 Baker

The two favorites for Player of the Year could not be more different. One is a senior. The other is a freshman. One was on nobody's radar when he started college. The other was a household name by his junior year of high school...
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          B/R top 100

#93 Cotton
          #9 Van Vleet
          #6 Baker

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...season/page/56
          I wonder if Cotton has gotten to a point there he is just sighing and shaking his head every time another thing comes out.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
            I wonder if Cotton has gotten to a point there he is just sighing and shaking his head every time another thing comes out.
            I'm about the biggest Tekele Cotton fan there is, but any list that includes him in the Top 100 players in the country isn't going to get much crap from me. There are a lot of fine players across the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              I'm about the biggest Tekele Cotton fan there is, but any list that includes him in the Top 100 players in the country isn't going to get much crap from me. There are a lot of fine players across the country.
              I agree. There's just something funny about seeing him at #93 when the other two guys are at 9 and 6. But, yes being mentioned at all is very good.

It's the question of "Are there maybe 10ish players you would take over Baker or FVV today? (obviously, no as a Shocker, but just as a regular coach of any program...) Now, are there 90-100 players you would take over Tekele Cotton?" It's actually kind of fun to think about.
              Last edited by Dave Stalwart; November 12, 2014, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Just throwing this out there, but I flipping hate how websites make a list of people into a slideshow where every position on the list is a new slide. It's just to inflate their pageviews.

I clicked on that BR link and literally did this

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Also, a lot of the links in this link I'm going to post are duplicates from here, but here is a list of Shocker stories from around the web from the last week or so. Not sure if you seasoned viewers of SN will find it to be new.

The Shocker Morning Dump
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Also, a lot of the links in this link I'm going to post are duplicates from here, but here is a list of Shocker stories from around the web from the last week or so. Not sure if you seasoned viewers of SN will find it to be new.

The Shocker Morning Dump
                    Whether we have or have not, nice!

Comment

I've already seen the Shocker Morning Dump and can assure you it looked nothing like that.

Comment

• That is hilarious @Cdizzle:.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          He may not even be aware of it, and if he is it would be out of what we know of his character for him to be concerned about it. Actually, in one sense it's the most realistic list yet, because as a college player (regardless of what one may think of his NBA prospects), it's hard to imagine that he isn't one of the top 100 in the country. You can argue that he should be higher, and legitimately so, but on the other hand he does still have to show observers that he can bring the offense consistently.

Edit: Thanks for the reminder, dizzle. I need to head for the bathroom for my SMD.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                            He may not even be aware of it, and if he is it would be out of what we know of his character for him to be concerned about it. Actually, in one sense it's the most realistic list yet, because as a college player (regardless of what one may think of his NBA prospects), it's hard to imagine that he isn't one of the top 100 in the country. You can argue that he should be higher, and legitimately so, but on the other hand he does still have to show observers that he can bring the offense consistently.

Edit: Thanks for the reminder, dizzle. I need to head for the bathroom for my SMD.
                            Is that SMD anything similar to a WMD?
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• @si_ncaabb: SI's preseason All-America team: Fred VanVleet, Marcus Paige, Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky, Montrezl Harrell

@si_ncaabb: SI's second-team All-Americas: Georges Niang, Sam Dekker, Caris LeVert, Ron Baker, Aaron Harrison

Apologies if posted already...._starting to lose track.. :-)
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                                Is that SMD anything similar to a WMD?
                                You mean a Wookie McDermott?

Probably.

Comment

Working...
                                X