2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State Must Turn the Page

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Featured on the home page"
    Get the latest NCAA basketball news, scores, stats, standings, and more from ESPN.
    Last edited by jocoshock; November 18, 2014, 12:36 PM.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Last night I was watching the NMSU vs. St. Mary's game and they previewed some of the other Tip-off Marathon games including "Powerhouse Wichita State taking on Memphis"

Comment

• The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          It is [img][/img] for pictures, FYI.

Thanks for the screen capture, BTW.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              It is [img][/img] for pictures, FYI.

Thanks for the screen capture, BTW.
              I know, just had a temporary brain fart. Thanks for looking out though! :)
              The Assman

Comment

• Eamon Brennan interview of 3G followed by Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg review of the Shockers.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11858639

Comment

• Rating the nation's best backcourts

To be successful in college basketball today, you need to have strong guard play. Dick Vitale picks his top six backcourts.

Dickie V...

Comment

• I'm surprised there wasn't a whole lot of action on Twitter from the national writers for our game.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      Our backcourt is averaging 42.5 PPG. Plus crazy numbers for rebounds, steals, etc. And they haven't even had one of their good games yet. If there is a team with a better backcourt, I haven't seen it.

Comment

• I agree. Best guards hands down. I'm surprised he didn't put KU at three and bump us to 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                          I'm surprised there wasn't a whole lot of action on Twitter from the national writers for our game.
                          They must have their dials constantly set to Fox Sports 1 and missed it.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• On FOX Sports LIVE they said best WSU can do is Elite Eight, no shot at Final Four.

Did say backcourts win in March though, and we may have the best.
                            The Assman

Comment

On FOX Sports LIVE they said best WSU can do is Elite Eight, no shot at Final Four.
                              Not buying that yet, Shurtz. I can see Arizona being thought of as a lock, and Kentucky -- but even if Kentucky wins two regionals, that still leaves one more available.

Edit: I noticed that Vitale's list of top backcourts has Arizona at #6, just behind WSU, partly on the strength of "newcomer Kadeem Allen." I assume that's the same Kadeem Allen who has yet to play and is being talked about as a redshirt candidate. "Calling Mr. Vitale... Earth to Mr. Vitale..."
                              Last edited by WSUwatcher; November 19, 2014, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Vitale IS and has always been one of my favorites over the years....but hasn't he compiled up enough stock in "anal-ease" to retire from Duke University yet????? My gawd Dick....we got it already....like way back in 1988......we GOT it!!!! You're good my friend....but Coach K is and has been married for a LONG time. You got no chance.......NO CHANCE!!!
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X