2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    I am not sure about any financial considerations, but the hours would be much, Much, MUCH better and absolutely more stable and consistent.
    I guess it depends on your circadian rhythm. For me, getting up every morning at 3 or 4 or whatever might as well be akin to water boarding.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      I am not sure about any financial considerations, but the hours would be much, Much, MUCH better and absolutely more stable and consistent.
      It's a promotion. She's said that it's the consistent schedule and not having to work weekends that are true big positive. I guess that the schedule for sportscasters is pretty ridiculous

Comment

• College basketball dream team

Comment

• I see Teddy Hawkins on there, too -- he'll probably also be on the list when CBS Sports brings out its list of oldest freshmen. Some guys back from the military, a few Mormons returning from missions, and Teddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
            It's a promotion. She's said that it's the consistent schedule and not having to work weekends that are true big positive. I guess that the schedule for sportscasters is pretty ridiculous
            She's got a boyfriend now so I guess she wants to spend more weekends with Zachie and less time being clueless about WSU athletics.

I do agree with ShockValue though, KWCH's sports department has gone downhill lately and their station as a whole. Knock Bruce all you want, but he ran sports pretty well and always had WSU on the forefront, unlike what is being done now.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• She does not STFU up about her boyfriend. On Facebook, on tv, on the radio. Sometimes I stop to watch just to see if she doesn't mention him. It's weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                "I’m not convinced Paige can be a full-time point guard at this level yet, but I’m also not convinced that there is a point guard in the country that can this year."

Has this guy never heard the name Fred Van Vleet?
                Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                  "Wichita State hosts basketball media day" - KWCH Sports

WATCH: Gregg Marshall talks about his teams preparations for the 2014-15 season

12:00 Minutes Long

http://www.kwch.com/sports/wichita-s...444096?ver=135
                  3G's comments were interesting but I really dig what Ron had to say about Kelly, Holland and Nurger. Fred was far more reserved (I have a serious man-crush on that guy) in identifying any single new-comer but I'm thinking his opinion mirrors that of Baker's. And, of course, Tekele's comments were good as well. All three talked about their own improvement as well as that of their teammates and it would appear everyone is high on what Evan brings to the court.

So thanks for posting that link, I really enjoyed not getting any work done this morning as I get my Shox BB fix today!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                    3G's comments were interesting but I really dig what Ron had to say about Kelly, Holland and Nurger. Fred was far more reserved (I have a serious man-crush on that guy) in identifying any single new-comer but I'm thinking his opinion mirrors that of Baker's. And, of course, Tekele's comments were good as well. All three talked about their own improvement as well as that of their teammates and it would appear everyone is high on what Evan brings to the court.

So thanks for posting that link, I really enjoyed not getting any work done this morning as I get my Shox BB fix today!
                    I echo the feelings about Fred. What a quality young man. Humble, well spoken, measured in his answers, not willing to boost someone's ego before they have even played a game. My hope is that when his basketball playing days are over, we see him back on the Shocker bench. He represents this program so well both on and off the court.

I also noticed that no one seems caught up by the preseason rankings. They all know exactly what preseason rankings are worth, some notoriety, but little else. HCGM has them focused on the real goal, being there in March. I can't wait for the season to start!
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

• I think they all have gone down hill. How about that blonde gal I learned during the world series is the Sports Director at KSN? What's happened to Leon Lieble (sp?)? Is he gone again already?

Comment

• Fred. Ron. Tekele. Outstanding. Where in the hell did 3G find such mature young men. They don't grow on trees.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 31, 2014, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Fred. Ron. Tekele. Outstanding. Where in the hell did 3G find such mature young men. They don't grown on trees.
                          I don't know. After Ron had the entire arena applauding Jake Odum's final farewell from the Valley, I would say he grew on the Trees a little bit.

Comment

• "Don't be shocked if Wichita State 'plays angry' again" - FOX Sports

Get NCAA Men's College Basketball news, scores, stats, poll rankings & more for your favorite college teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                              It seems like sportscasting would be something you would do because you absolutely love sports. I don't think I'd be complaining about hours much if I was getting sent to World Series games and Final Fours.

Not that I care, anything that gets Dani Welniak on my TV gets an A+ from me.

Comment

• She probably has family goals that influence her wanting a somewhat consistent schedule. There have been a number of Wichita Sports Journalists who've made such a decision for this very reason recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X