Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Gameday will come to Wichita this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. I really hope the hosting in CF part was a joke. We aren't hosting gameday this year, plain and simple. Maybe next year if we secure a big name opponent.

Comment

The problem is for a big name opponent, its going to come in the non-con, which is smack in the middle of football season.

Comment

I think you all underestimate our homecourt atmosphere. If we are to be on GameDay, it would be here in Wichita, not in Frostbite Falls or some God-forsaken place like. You are right in that we might not host, but we at least have a great team and a great atmosphere to make it realistic.

College GameDay (for hoops) doesn't start until the middle of January anyway, so we could be playing Kansas on the first weekend of December, and GameDay wouldn't be covering it.
        78-65

Comment

One does not have to play all of ones non-conference games before the conference season begins. A reason I was a proponent of the "add no one" option when Creighton left the league.

Comment

It has been a month since my initial post and ESPN has still not posted their selections for teams and dates for College Basketball GameDay. They normally announce the selections around August 15th. I like that they have not announced yet and really think they should wait until mid-to-late December to announce their selections. The first Game will most likely be January 10th, 2015. Also, the Prime Time games are held at 8:00 pm Central Time.

As I have previous mentioned, there were five dates that WSU could conceivably host/travel for GameDay:

1. 01/17/15 at Evansville but the time has not been announced yet. Still a possibility in my mind. UE is likely to finish in the top half of the league and they have some good returning players so with a couple of breaks could finish 2nd or 3rd. Plus ESPN likes to see upsets and Court Storming’s.

2. 01/31/15 at Northern Iowa. The game has been announced for 3:00 pm so it is out for GameDay. However, still very likely to be on either ESPN or ESPN2.

3. 02/07/15 versus Missouri State. The game has been announced for 7:00 pm so it is out for GameDay. However, still very likely to be on either ESPN or ESPN2.

4. 02/14/15 at Illinois State. The game has been announced for 5:00 pm so it is out for GameDay. However, still very likely to be on either ESPN or ESPN2.

5. 02/28/15 versus Northern Iowa. The time has not been announced yet. This looks to be the best opportunity for WSU. Northern Iowa will be the Shockers toughest conference opponent as the UNI Panthers are likely to finish well with a team dominated by seniors and juniors. If we don't make this date our games is still most likely to be on either ESPN or ESPN2.

And so we continue to wait…

Comment

If we are part of GameDay, it is going to be here, so either February 7 versus Missouri State or February 28 versus Northern Iowa. PERIOD. We may or may not get GameDay, but if we do, it will be coming to the 316.
              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                It has been a month since my initial post and ESPN has still not posted their selections for teams and dates for College Basketball GameDay. They normally announce the selections around August 15th. I like that they have not announced yet and really think they should wait until mid-to-late December to announce their selections. The first Game will most likely be January 10th, 2015. Also, the Prime Time games are held at 8:00 pm Central Time.

As I have previous mentioned, there were five dates that WSU could conceivably host/travel for GameDay:

1. 01/17/15 at Evansville but the time has not been announced yet. Still a possibility in my mind. UE is likely to finish in the top half of the league and they have some good returning players so with a couple of breaks could finish 2nd or 3rd. Plus ESPN likes to see upsets and Court Storming’s.

2. 01/31/15 at Northern Iowa. The game has been announced for 3:00 pm so it is out for GameDay. However, still very likely to be on either ESPN or ESPN2.

3. 02/07/15 versus Missouri State. The game has been announced for 7:00 pm so it is out for GameDay. However, still very likely to be on either ESPN or ESPN2.

4. 02/14/15 at Illinois State. The game has been announced for 5:00 pm so it is out for GameDay. However, still very likely to be on either ESPN or ESPN2.

5. 02/28/15 versus Northern Iowa. The time has not been announced yet. This looks to be the best opportunity for WSU. Northern Iowa will be the Shockers toughest conference opponent as the UNI Panthers are likely to finish well with a team dominated by seniors and juniors. If we don't make this date our games is still most likely to be on either ESPN or ESPN2.

It's going to be pretty tough to get on ESPN or ESPN2 on 2/28/15, let alone getting Gameday that day. Here are the games that have already been announced as appearing on either of those two networks:

Syracuse @ Duke (ESPN)
                Louisville @ FSU (ESPN/ESPN2)
                KU @ UT (ESPN/ESPN2)
                KSU @ ISU (ESPN/ESPN2)
                Arizona @ Utah (ESPN/ESPN2)
                Tennessee @ Florida (ESPN/ESPN2)
                VCU @ Dayton (ESPN2)
                Boise @ SDSU (ESPN/2)
                BYU @ Gonzaga (ESPN/2)
                Big Ten hasn't announced its TV schedule but they typically have at least one, many times 2 games on ESPN/2 on Saturdays. Maybe Mich @ Maryland or NU @ Illinois.

If ESPN sticks to last years time schedules, they typically run games at 11, 1, 3, 5, and 7/8 CST (and sometimes a very late west coast game). That means 10 games split between ESPN and ESPN2 (11 if they run a late night ESPN2 game). Right now there are 9 games already announced on the network and still waiting on 1 (maybe 2) Big Ten games. Basically the only hope for WSU to get on the network for that day is if there is only one Big 10 game chosen and either the game at SDSU or Gonzaga is put into a Late night ESPN2 slot.

Comment

Game Day going to Evansville, Cedar Falls, or Normal?

LMAO!!!11 Good one.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Even announced game times have been moved in the past if the venue's schedules permit it and the teams agree.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Ha! GameDay?
                      Please stop the nonsense...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                        This kind of thing is one of many reasons why it's such a shame that WSU, VCU and Gonzaga don't play each other every year. ESPN would be all over it.
                        Intrust Bank Arena should host an event similar to The Champions Classic or whatever they call it between duke, ku, kentucky, and is it mich st?

How bout WSU, VCU, Gonzaga, and maybe Memphis play every year rotating who they play each year.

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7 View Post
                          Intrust Bank Arena should host an event similar to The Champions Classic or whatever they call it between duke, ku, kentucky, and is it mich st?

How bout WSU, VCU, Gonzaga, and maybe Memphis play every year rotating who they play each year.
                          That would be amazing.

Seems like scheduling is a little like politics though. If something makes perfect sense, it will never get approved by all parties.

Comment

I absolutely LOVE this idea. It could even rotate every year to a location of each schools choosing.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

sure, why not. if any school could do gameday proud, it's wichita state. 'pretty sure that wichita state could teach, say, north carolina a lesson or two. isn't that right, royal shock? no?

Comment

I would buy tickets to that!
                                Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X