OFFICIAL: 2014-15 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Sorry, I would rather play them in the final game of the final four with no one giving us a chance and then I like your thinking.
    That sounds good to me. :)

Comment

• Here's the voting breakdown for this week: http://collegepolltracker.com/basketball/team/wsu2/2014

Pretty tight range with all voters slotting us anywhere from #10 to #20. Biggest WTF vote is probably Cecil Hurt, who dropped us from #13 to #20 despite going 2-0 for the week.

Comment

• Chris Murray dropped us from tenth to 17th. Some of these guys must of thought we actually lost a game or two this week.

Comment

• Struggling against Drake was really, really telling. Drake is HORRIBLE! I don't agree that the Shox should have dropped 7 spots because of it, but I can atleast understand where that thought process comes from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            Struggling against Drake was really, really telling. Drake is HORRIBLE! I don't agree that the Shox should have dropped 7 spots because of it, but I can atleast understand where that thought process comes from.
            Jamar- You do a nice job of pointing out reasons why pollsters , etc. are right to go against the Shockers, but there are inconsistencies regarding other teams that are overlooked by pollsters that you don't point out.Some of these teams struggled on the road too, some got blown out. Why don't you point out other inconsistencies?

Comment

Struggling against Drake was really, really telling. Drake is HORRIBLE! I don't agree that the Shox should have dropped 7 spots because of it, but I can atleast understand where that thought process comes from.
              Double standards.

Let's not even try to justify it, please.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                Jamar- You do a nice job of pointing out reasons why pollsters , etc. are right to go against the Shockers, but there are inconsistencies regarding other teams that are overlooked by pollsters that you don't point out.Some of these teams struggled on the road too, some got blown out. Why don't you point out other inconsistencies?
                Hmmmm. You mean inconsistencies regarding other teams like this? http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...l=1#post527710

Or like this? http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...l=1#post527713

Jamar, other than all the times you talk about X, why is it that you never talk about X?

LOL

Comment

• ESPN's power rankings are out for this week. We stay at #15 and have WV and OU jump us. Breakdown of voting:
                  Brennan: 16
                  C.L Brown: 14
                  Farnham: 15
                  Gassaway: 19
                  *******: 17
                  Grennburg: 15
                  Katz: 18
                  Lunardi: 15
                  Medcalf: 16
                  O'neil: 15

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• Unfortunately for us, unless a bunch of teams in front of us start tanking, our next real oportunity to move up isn't until the end of the month. We may move up a spot or three before then, but I don't think that we're gonna get the benefit of the doubt like we did last season.

Comment

• What benefit of the doubt are you talking about?

Comment

I just don't know of any other team who wins on the road by 10 points and they drop in the polls.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          I just don't know of any other team who wins on the road by 10 points and they drop in the polls.
                          That's the problem, monster -- WSU only won by eight! If it had been double digits, everything would have been different.

Well, everything except JH4P, but there's nothing to be done about him. He's just a CDA ("compulsive devil's advocate," although other combinations of "CDA" words come to mind as well). By the way, about that Cecil Hurt vote that someone pointed out: he's still mad that Alabama didn't beat Ohio State, so he took it out on another team that beat the Tide. (Actually, I'm kind of annoyed about it too, but they didn't give me a vote to miscast.)
                          Last edited by WSUwatcher; January 6, 2015, 05:19 PM.

Comment

What benefit of the doubt are you talking about?
                            The media largely looked past the doubt in our ranking that existed due to the fact that we had almost no marquee wins. They looked at the quality of play on the floor and the undefeated record and said that they believed that we belonged that high regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                              The media largely looked past the doubt in our ranking that existed due to the fact that we had almost no marquee wins. They looked at the quality of play on the floor and the undefeated record and said that they believed that we belonged that high regardless.
                              I don't think WSU is receiving any less "benefit of the doubt" this year. I think they simply have 2 actual losses on the resume (compared to none all regular season last year) and have dropped in the rankings accordingly.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                                That's the problem, monster -- WSU only won by eight! If it had been double digits, everything would have been different.

Well, everything except JH4P, but there's nothing to be done about him. He's just a CDA ("compulsive devil's advocate," although other combinations of "CDA" words come to mind as well).
                                I believe WSU made a horrible showing at Drake.
                                I came away from that game with a lesser opinion of where WSU should be ranked.
                                I disagree that they deserved to fall 7 spots, but I can understand the thought process of someone who feels that way.

I'm not playing devil's advocate, I'm just explaining my thoughts and opinions. Too many posters on this board can't seem to handle differing opinions.

Here's a question for you Watcher. Did WSU's performance at Drake look like that of a top 15 team, in your opinion?

Comment

Working...
                                X