OFFICIAL: 2014-15 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    Great to see Utah sneak back in at 25 just in time. Also UNI at 26.
    Also hilarious is on the ESPN rankings site they don't have the Utah game upcoming for either team. Even though that will be two ranked teams going at it on ESPN2.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• I see Creighton's time in the polls was, once again, a flash in the pan.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• UNI is getting some traction. They'll jump in if they can win out this week, getting past VCU.

I'm still in shock that Nova didn't jump us. I'm actually pretty sure they SHOULD have jumped us, picking up 2 wins against T25 teams in the last week (though that VCU win may be losing luster quickly).

Edit: #10 in the coaches. UNC dropped and Nova did jump us there, and deservedly so, IMO.
        Last edited by Cdizzle; December 1, 2014, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• It will be good to get a top 25 victory this week against Utah, but unfortunately, it's that very victory that will knock them right back out. Hopefully they will be able to string some wins together and get right back in again soon after.

Comment

• Didn't we have a poster here who said he knew Randy last year?

That guy should backhand that fat turd.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
              It will be good to get a top 25 victory this week against Utah, but unfortunately, it's that very victory that will knock them right back out. Hopefully they will be able to string some wins together and get right back in again soon after.
              What I have learned is that no one cares at all where a team ends up, as long as there is a number next to their name when they go look at the schedule. Now, for anyone who is really into College BBall and uses more metrics than just arbitrary polls, it doesn't really matter either way. I hope we pick up the win. It will be nice that they have a shiny number next to their name. But more important than their current ranking, IMO, is that they end up a Top 50 or Top 40 type RPI team by the end of the year. That is what the selection committee looks at.

Comment

It will be good to get a top 25 victory this week against Utah, but unfortunately, it's that very victory that will knock them right back out. Hopefully they will be able to string some wins together and get right back in again soon after.
                At this point, I just want the win. Then I will worry about whether it knocked Utah (temporarily) out of the polls.

This game makes me nervous. I think the Shox will win, but this appears far and away the most "loseable" game of the year.

Comment

Maryland off to a good start this year. Looks like they have a game against Virginia coming up. Interesting to see if this could be Turgeons break out year.
                  They were. Unfortunately, their best player, Dez Welles is going to be out at least 4 weeks with a fracture to a wrist (if I recal l correctly). Just saw that news yesterday.
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• From the Illinois State board:

New AP poll today had Northern Iowa at 26th and both Seton Hall and Old Dominion received votes for the top 25. With a win on Tuesday do you think our redbirds could get into the discussion of a top 25 team?

Everyone refutes this but then

I think ISU is about top 75 not 25. However, I do find it interesting that we can destroy ODU and they would get that much love. There are a lot of teams in the 25-100 range and they are somewhat interchangeable based on when you play them, where, etc. I put ISU, ODU, VCU & No. Iowa all in that group.
                    Last edited by WuDrWu; December 1, 2014, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      From the Illinois State board:

New AP poll today had Northern Iowa at 26th and both Seton Hall and Old Dominion received votes for the top 25. With a win on Tuesday do you think our redbirds could get into the discussion of a top 25 team?
                      WTF is that Redturd moron talking about? They're already ranked #7 this week.

Get a clue, turds.

As long as they avoid getting upset by VCU tomorrow, they should stay relatively close to the Top 5.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                        Didn't we have a poster here who said he knew Randy last year?

That guy should backhand that fat turd.
                        DSB. He knows everybody in Louisiana.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Great to see Utah sneak back in at 25 just in time. Also UNI at 26.
                          And after we knock Utah out of the top 25, that will allow UNI to take their place.

Comment

• We moved up 2 spots to 9th in ESPNs power rankings this week. No real outliers in the voting. Everyone had us at 8th, 9th, 10th or 11th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                              We moved up 2 spots to 9th in ESPNs power rankings this week. No real outliers in the voting. Everyone had us at 8th, 9th, 10th or 11th.
                              Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Glad they aren't waiting to get started on the weak schedule narrative.

Quick, name all the teams that have only played teams that were in the NCAA tournament last year.

Now, of those teams, name all the ones that still haven't lost.

How many teams were left on your list? I only had one.

Also, glad they have UNI in at 25. They are getting some traction.

Comment

• I wish that they had said who wrote the blurbs by each team so we could know who wrote that. Usually they tell you.

Comment

Working...
                                X