No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: 2014-15 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Dagger's Preseason Top 25 with best-case and worst-case scenarios" - Yahoo Sports

The shockers come in at ____?

Comment

Must be really high on the Shockers if their worst-case scenario for this season is a 6 seed.

Stunning.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
        "The Dagger's Preseason Top 25 with best-case and worst-case scenarios" - Yahoo Sports

The shockers come in at ____?
        No mention of Kelly. I think that is a mistake, from what I read on here.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The worst-case scenario for the Beakers is pretty funny!
          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

[url]https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/the-dagger-s-preseason-top-25-with-best-case-and-worst-case-scenarios-172911761.html[/url
            I couldn't have written Kentucky's any better.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

That piece took some time to write. Pretty fun read.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                What would be funnier is if Self left and they hired Turg who then promised to build the program back to Wichita State levels.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  Pretty funny may be an understatement: "Kansas cedes the Big 12 to Texas and Jayhawks fans learn that league titles are not a birthright. They're also reminded that deep NCAA tournament runs aren't either when Kansas falls for a second straight season in the Round of 32 — to in-state foe Wichita State no less."

Wonder why the Shocks have fallen from #8 to #9 in Bleacher report over the past couple of months, though. No encouragement from reports on the pickup games due to the coaching staff's Cone of Silence?

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                    I couldn't have written Kentucky's any better.
                    My only problem was that it said they would fall in the sweet 16. That's way better than a /worst/ case scenario. Two years ago they lost in the first round of the NIT with an incredibly stacked team.

Comment

With three more preseason polls released in the last week, I now have the Wichita State Shockers leaning closer to being rated #9 than #10. Our main competition seems to be Louisville #7, Florida #8, Virginia #10, and Texas #11. Can't imagine WSU breaking #6 or lower to start the season, but you never know with maybe a practice injury, a he said/she said front page news story, or someone missing their mommy, etc.

10/09/14, Athlon Sports - Top 25 - #7
                      10/06/14, Yahoo Sports - Top 25 - #10
                      10/03/14, Sporting News (Mike DeCourcy) - Top 25 - #10
                      09/30/14, Bleacher Report - Top 25 - #9
                      09/30/14, Dick Vitale - Top 40 - #12
                      09/24/14, Blue Ribbon Report - Top 25 - #7
                      09/09/14, Lindy's - Top 25 - #13
                      08/13/14, Bleacher Report - Top 25 - #8
                      08/11/14, Sporting News - Top 25 - #10
                      06/24/14, Sports Illustrated - #12
                      05/07/14, CBS - Top 25 (and one) - #8
                      04/28/14, ESPN - Top 25 (E. Brennan) - #5
                      04/08/14, NBC - Top 25 (Rob Dauster) - #13
                      04/22/14, USA - Top 25 - #13
                      04/09/14, SB*Nation - Top 25 - #10
                      04/09/14, ESPN - Bracketology (Joe Lunardi) - #9 to #12 on his S-Curve
                      04/08/14, NBC - Top 25 (Rob Dauster) - #12
                      04/08/14, The Big Lead (Jason McIntyre) - #22
                      04/08/14, The Star Ledger (Brendan Prunty) - #14
                      04/08/14, Lost Lettermen (Top 25) - #20
                      04/07/14, ESPN - Top 25 (E. Brennan) - #5

Comment

Well, this didn't take very long:

Texas has our first "he said/she said casualty - "Martez Walker withdraws from Texas"

Texas guard Martez Walker, who had been suspended while facing misdemeanor assault charges involving his girlfriend, has withdrawn from school, university officials said Thursday.

This will cause them to lose a few votes, as he was a solid bench player last year.

and

Nebraska - Future/potential Diamond Head Classic opponent - "B.J. Day tears ACL, will miss season"

Nebraska freshman forward B.J. Day will miss the season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during practice.

Won't likely cause them to lose to many, if any votes, but we need them to be at full strength for the entire season.

Comment

"College basketball's best team -- Kentucky -- is easy to choose" - Fox Sports

Get NCAA Men's College Basketball news, scores, stats, poll rankings & more for your favorite college teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Top 25 - Wait until you read the assessment of the Shockers!!!

Comment

'Men's basketball preseason Coaches Poll set for Thursday release" - USA Today

"...With tip-off of the 2014-15 season three weeks away, fans will get a glimpse of the best teams in the country Thursday at noon ET when the preseason top 25 teams are unveiled in the USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll...."

Comment

Coaches Poll to be released in a couple of hours. Here are my thoughts on our odds:

#7 - 5% chance

#8 - 20% chance

#9 - 50% chance

#10 - 25% chance

Comment

#11 in the preseason Coaches Poll.

Comment

Working...
                                X