X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    "I guess you guys aren't ready for that; but your kids are gonna love it!"

The last minute is classic!
    I like the part where Marvin Berry called his cousin, Chuck. "You know that new sound you were looking for! "

And the rest as they say is history.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      If we are going negative, what if Gregg Marshall's parents had never met?
      Gregg is such a winner he would have found a way to make his parents meet.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

What if swomo could afford a letter opener to open that sealed envelope?

Comment

What if Hurricane Irene didn't happen?

Comment

What if Cleanthony's brother didn't drown?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
              What if Cleanthony's brother didn't drown?
              Too dark
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

2012 NCAA Tournament vs VCU. 2 minute mark, Toure hits a 3 in the corner to put us up 59-57.

VCU has the ball, and I think we were running a 2-3 zone defense and I can't tell if Kyles screwed the pooch, or Carl did, but there was something wrong with the communication. Kyles is on Bradford Burgess who is a decent 3pt shooter but at the time was 1-6 from 3 in the game. The ball handler goes right, Burgess breaks off for the left corner, Kyles follows the ballhandler's direction, and so does Carl. Burgess wide open for the 3, drains it.

What if someone doesn't lose Burgess? He misses, we are up 2, run another 35 off the clock, get under a minute.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  2012 NCAA Tournament vs VCU. 2 minute mark, Toure hits a 3 in the corner to put us up 59-57.

VCU has the ball, and I think we were running a 2-3 zone defense and I can't tell if Kyles screwed the pooch, or Carl did, but there was something wrong with the communication. Kyles is on Bradford Burgess who is a decent 3pt shooter but at the time was 1-6 from 3 in the game. The ball handler goes right, Burgess breaks off for the left corner, Kyles follows the ballhandler's direction, and so does Carl. Burgess wide open for the 3, drains it.

What if someone doesn't lose Burgess? He misses, we are up 2, run another 35 off the clock, get under a minute.
                  I once heard Gregg talk about that...not sure if auction or somewhere else. Anyway, we indeed were in a zone on that possession. Zone had worked well to help us make the comeback, but it obviously was the wrong defense there. Dude made the shot, so you tip your cap. I have often looked back at that shot too.

Yes, had he missed and we grabbed the board, we'd run clock under a minute. Maybe the element of having a lead versus being back down by 1 would have helped nerves on Stutz's chip shot miss. Maybe we would have run a different play call. We make a shot there, and we are up 4 (or 5?) under a minute, and the game would have been over. We would have beaten Indiana (I was more scared of VCU than Indiana). Then, we go to the Georgia Dome for a Sweet 16 match-up with Calipari's 1-and-dones. Their size would have been tough, but we certainly had the speed and athleticism to run with them. If Joe/Toure/David were on with their shooting, it could have been interesting. Damn, I wish that game could have happened.
                  Last edited by WuShock16; August 5, 2014, 04:41 PM.
                  78-65

Comment

That is an interesting point 16, it always seemed as if we could get two of the three hot but my memory says the games were few and far between when all three were hot the same night. If someone has a better memory or reference point feel free to hang me out to dry.

Comment

What if Creighton didn't get invited to the Big Priest?

Wait, nothing would have really changed. We still would have been undefeated going into the Tourney and Creighton STILL wouldn't have made it to the 2nd weekend for the first time in their program's history.

Not sure why I'm on a Creighton hating binge, but it still feels right.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                        What if Creighton didn't get invited to the Big Priest?

Wait, nothing would have really changed. We still would have been undefeated going into the Tourney and Creighton STILL wouldn't have made it to the 2nd weekend for the first time in their program's history.

Not sure why I'm on a Creighton hating binge, but it still feels right.
                        It looks like their rinky-dinky MTE isn't even gonna get on TV, not even the superstation FS1.

You'd think a highly-touted BIG EAST school would get a little bit of television run in the non-con, instead of fading back into obscurity.

That's gotta suck.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I was watching the Final 4 highlight DVD last night and remembered something else.

What if Jackie Carmichael's foot missed Tekele's face? We could have easily lost that one, which would have pushed us back towards the bubble.
                          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            I once heard Gregg talk about that...not sure if auction or somewhere else. Anyway, we indeed were in a zone on that possession. Zone had worked well to help us make the comeback, but it obviously was the wrong defense there. Dude made the shot, so you tip your cap. I have often looked back at that shot too.

Yes, had he missed and we grabbed the board, we'd run clock under a minute. Maybe the element of having a lead versus being back down by 1 would have helped nerves on Stutz's chip shot miss. Maybe we would have run a different play call. We make a shot there, and we are up 4 (or 5?) under a minute, and the game would have been over. We would have beaten Indiana (I was more scared of VCU than Indiana). Then, we go to the Georgia Dome for a Sweet 16 match-up with Calipari's 1-and-dones. Their size would have been tough, but we certainly had the speed and athleticism to run with them. If Joe/Toure/David were on with their shooting, it could have been interesting. Damn, I wish that game could have happened.
                            The defensive miss was on Carl. I just wish we had fouled or at least played super aggressive defense on VCU's last possession. Time on the clock provides WSU so many more outs in a close game. I still believe WSU was the better team and had an advantage over VCU with more possessions...

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              What if I'd known about this 'Hot-Crazy Matrix' many moons ago? :)

Hilarious! If you guys haven't watched this, you are missing out!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Hilarious! If you guys haven't watched this, you are missing out!
                                Yes, it was good
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X