What If?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    What if shockernet had smart, rational and reasonable people and wasn't just us?
    Not sure I can quite wrap my mind around that one.

Comment

Not that this was a possibility at the time, but what if Mark Turgeon would have been hired instead of Randy Smithson in 1996 and had the opportunity to coach Maurice Evans and Jason Perez? Maurice might have played four years at Wichita State, and both of those guys would have been AMAZING under Mark, especially since Mark was a little more, wait...A LOT MORE emotionally stable than Randy.
      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
        What if shockernet had smart, rational and reasonable people and wasn't just us?
        Say it ain't so!
        Go Shocks!

Comment

WHAT IF . . . We could fast forward to the start of the '14/15 season cuz the waiting is KILLING me.
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Danny Nee?
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              Not that this was a possibility at the time, but what if Mark Turgeon would have been hired instead of Randy Smithson in 1996 and had the opportunity to coach Maurice Evans and Jason Perez? Maurice might have played four years at Wichita State, and both of those guys would have been AMAZING under Mark, especially since Mark was a little more, wait...A LOT MORE emotionally stable than Randy.
              Couldn't happen. Evans was too good for WSU.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                What if PJ doesn't get food poisoning in Vegas?
                Well he didn't get food poisoning (at least that is what I heard).

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  What if the NCAA had a shred of credibility, treated WSU like they treated KU, and didn't look the other way when bar owner, bookie and surprisingly current neighbor of Bill Self, Doug Compton paid players during the 80s? WSU doesn't go on probation and enters the 82 Tournament with likely the strongest front court in the country, Carr, Levingston and Dreiling and has every right to be considered a National Title Contender. KU would have been warned with the death penalty and we could have been National Champions.
                  Yep! I will ALWAYS believe that was one of the biggest shames in the history of sports. Those little kids up there were so scared Wichita St. was heading to be "THE" program in the state of Kansas.

Had the Shocks won a National Championship or two under Smithson with all those NBA-er's on the roster...I believe football would've survived at WSU. Had football survived...I believe we would've been asked to follow Memphis, Louisville, Tusla, etc to a higher perceived conference. The 90's drought never would've happened and Wichita St. would have had a large enrollment nearing 28,000-30,000 students by the early to mid 90's. New towers would've been built to house all the new students pouring in. The Greek movement would've been on big-time. The city of Wichita would've been "the" place to be in Kansas (not tiny Lawerence) and pride within the city would've allowed for companies like FedEx, Saturn, Toyota, etc to re-locate to Wichita. Heck even AZ Shocker along with tons of my fellow ex-Wichitan's living elsewhere in the country would've stayed and went on to have meaningful prideful careers in Wichita. The city's population would've swelled to 600,000-800,000 people and life would've been real good!!! Hell maybe in the year 2008 the NBA would've come calling instead of going to Oklahoma City.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Way to dream big, AZ!

Comment

What if Uncle Fester, errr... Lew Perkins... had never been hired as WSU AD

Comment

What if Jim Schaus would have been AD from 1985 to present?

Comment

What if Jim Schaus and Dr and Mrs Beggs had not been at WSU at the same time?

Comment

What if Dave Stallworth and Nate Bowman hadn't been denied eligibility for the second semester of their senior year?
                            Livin the dream

Comment

What if Harry T. hadn't dropped the bomb?
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

What if Tyrone never ate that burrito??
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X