What If?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If?

Here is another thread to spur some interesting discussion since there isn't much else to discuss right now. Let's think of the WHAT IF's of WSU history. Now, there are certainly some obvious big ones, like what if the football plane crash doesn't happen...or even what if Gregg Marshall decides to not come to WSU, but I encourage you to have some fun with this and think a bit deeper.

My first WHAT IF:

2013 Final Four. The Shockers are having their way with Louisville, leading by 12. Ehimen airballs the front end of a a 1-and-1, and Louisville answers with a 3. Later, Ehimen misses another 1-and-1, and Louisville gets another 3. All of a sudden, the lead goes from 12 to 6, and it is game on. The Shockers eventually lose a close one. Certainly, the bogus tie up at the end gave Louisville the ball back when the Shockers could have had a shot at a late 3 to tie the game. However, let me go back to the early part of my story.

What if Ron wouldn't have turned down a WIDE OPEN 3 from the top of the key to pass the ball to Ehimen? If Ron hits a 3 there, the Shockers lead by 15 midway through the second half, and maybe Louisville checks it in for the rest of the game. I will go to my grave believing that we would have beaten Michigan to win the national championship. Sigh.....

Let's come up with some others. They can be good or bad.

What if Jim Audley's throw is off line?
    What if Creighton dude made his second free throw to give sCUm a 3-point lead late in overtime on Valentine's Day 2006?
    What if the ref swallowed his whistle at the end of VCU BracketBuster game in 2011?
    What if Jim Schaus wasn't on vacation in 2005 when Gene went to Norman for the day?
    78-65

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    What if Creighton dude made his second free throw to give sCUm a 3-point lead late in overtime on Valentine's Day 2006?
    Ummm, yeah, that was a girl, not a dude. But carry on.

Comment

What if the refs didn't put 1.9 seconds back on the clock?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        What if the refs didn't put 1.9 seconds back on the clock?
        OUCH! What if Clevin would have just caught the ball and not let it go out of bounds in that scrum for the ball? We had beaten both Illinois State and Northern Iowa at home after that pathetic 0-6 MVC start. It isn't crazy to think that we could have beaten both of them to win Arch Madness.
        78-65

Comment

OUCH! What if Clevin would have just caught the ball and not let it go out of bounds in that scrum for the ball? We had beaten both Illinois State and Northern Iowa at home after that pathetic 0-6 MVC start. It isn't crazy to think that we could have beaten both of them to win Arch Madness.
          And that would have really changed a little bit about their favorite little "dynasty" in St. Louis

Comment

What if Gal Mekel never left?

Comment

What if the 06-07 team rocked and never imploded? Now there's a scary thought.

Comment

What if Aaron Shafer isn't squeezed by the home plate ump and pitches the game of his life in Tallahassee in 2008? The offense wasn't the problem in that series.

What if the Shockers broke through on the numerous opportunities to score big runs in either of those one-run losses to Irvine in 2007? Irvine was out of pitching, and Travis Banwart was waiting in the wings for a deciding Game 3.

How would a trip to Omaha in either of those years have changed the last 5-6 years of Shocker Baseball?
                78-65

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                  What if the 06-07 team rocked and never imploded? Now there's a scary thought.
                  What if PJ doesn't get food poisoning in Vegas?
                  78-65

Comment

What if the NCAA had a shred of credibility, treated WSU like they treated KU, and didn't look the other way when bar owner, bookie and surprisingly current neighbor of Bill Self, Doug Compton paid players during the 80s? WSU doesn't go on probation and enters the 82 Tournament with likely the strongest front court in the country, Carr, Levingston and Dreiling and has every right to be considered a National Title Contender. KU would have been warned with the death penalty and we could have been National Champions.

Comment

What if John Cooper didn't break his leg in Hawaii? His playing days pre-date my memory a little bit, but I'm told he was an All-America type talent. Maybe he wills the team to an upper finish in the Valley.
                      Last edited by WuShock16; August 1, 2014, 11:04 AM.
                      78-65

Comment

If many of those what if's happen we could very well and perhaps very likely had changed the course of what is now our history including the hiring of Gregg Marshall. I am quite content with he way things have worked, not that wondering about what would have happened changes anything.

What if Coach Greg Marshall and the Shockers go on to win multiple national championships? While perhaps unlikely that is one "what if" that actually has a chance, as slim as it maybe, of occurring.

Comment

What if John Cooper didn't break his leg in Hawaii? His playing days pre-date my memory a little bit, but I'm told he was an All-America type talent. Maybe he wills the team to a upper finish in the Valley.
                          Its entirely possible if John didnt break his leg or get it broke, your impressions of Mike Cohen might have been different
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

What if shockernet had smart, rational and reasonable people and wasn't just us?

Comment

What if the 2010/2011 team were correctly invited to the NCAA tournament instead of being forced to run roughshod over every single opponent they faced, home or away in the NIT?

Did we really win the semifinal game 75 to freaking 44?

Edit: Okay Virginia Tech gave us a game. Sheesh.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X