How will BCS impact WSU Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
    With the new rules, conferences will all go back to 10. Castoffs will be made and 40 teams will remain for college FB.
    Maybe all the castoffs just immediately go to FCS and it actually becomes fairly relevant. There could be a lot if realignment there and some FCS conferences wouldn't be too bad at all.

If that happened, I'd sure like to see the FCS champion get a crack at the BCS champ :)

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      I don't see the P5 adding members. I think it's more likely they will shed some. When you've got all the marbles, where is the incentive to share with others? I think schools who aren't contributing "their fair share" to the conference might find themselves in a bad spot. If Texas vs. Michigan gets more TV revenue than Iowa State vs. Baylor, why not drop Iowa State and Baylor and play more "money" games against schools in other conferences?

Where is this "spread the wealth" conference expansion idea coming from?
      Growing the Power 5 to 16 team member conferences requires the addition of 15 teams - I do not think that is going to happen.

More likely scenario is to dissolve the Big 12 with the good football schools joining the new Power 4 Conferences; which leaves some excellent basketball teams for a Super Basketball Conference

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
        I can see the P5 conferences growing to 16 schools each. The rest of the schools playing football are really going to have to scale back tremendously on funding in order to support basketball. I think the nBE will grow, and we'll also see a basketball centric super conference (in which WSU will be a member) compete in basketball with the P5 and nBE. Notre Dame will finally join the B1G. Conferences like the AAC and MWC, will lose some schools to P5 and probably implode due to attrition. Conferences like the MoVal, MAC and leftovers of the MWC who aspire to play football will have a major identity crisis.
        Two main players: P5 football, or Super Basketball Conferences (BCS and SBC). You can no longer have one foot in the boat and the other on the dock. Gotta choose.

Go Shox!
        I wonder if we will eventually see College sports tri-furcated between football, men's basketball and all other sports each with their own governing bodies.

A school might participate in all 3 within the same conference or they might be part of 3 different conferences (one for football, one for men's basketball, and one for all other sports).

Comment

Working...
        X