X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff!
    Livin the dream

Comment

Sorry if this has been addressed and put to rest already, but I don't remember one way or the other: do we know for sure whether Eric Hamilton has academically qualified to play for WSU next year? And if so, what's the evidence?

A related question, I suppose, could be whether Hamilton is enrolled in summer school. But if he is, does that mean he's admitted AND qualified? Or is it possible for a player to attend summer school at a college but still be eligible to go to prep school for a year (assuming that his doing so is really under consideration)?
      Last edited by WSUwatcher; June 20, 2014, 06:30 PM.

Comment

If Hamilton has been admitted to WSU, that does not make him eligible. I am not sure if he is eligible, nor am I sure what that does for his Prep school status. It's quite possible that since Nurger was not officially recruited by WSU, he might be eligible for academic scholarship. Also, since Nurger lived in Kansas for the last year, any tuition that he would pay would be based on in state rates.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Paul Suellentrip Report.

Focusing on Corey Henderson's intro to D-1 College Basketball.

Some nice elite summer camp invites and exposure for Fred, Ron and Darius.

Also we have a new invited walk-on, Jared Walker, a 6-3 guard from Dubuque, Iowa.
          We've known about Jared Walker for awhile now. http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...t=jared+walker

What I didn't know was that he needed to "make the team" and has. Does anyone know if Sky Williams is still with the team?

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
            thanx.

interesting. if cold had 2+ years ago said that wichita state was about to go to the final four and follow that up with a 35-0 start because they had too many men amongst a field of college boys, he'd have probabaly been ran off sooner.

i'm not worried about who takes van vleet's place, either, as a backup or if, but more likely, when, he goes pro. to wit:

that is amazing. corey henderson jr. wichita state is truly loaded.
            Basketball recruits with high Basketball IQ's are a beautiful thing to watch.

Comment

This is going to be the best year yet, isn't it?

Comment

The Shox have had an amazing run of PG's. Henderson gets two years to study VanVleet's elusiveness and deception with the ball. If he can pcik up some of those skills, at his height and with his shooting touch, I think he could be another NBA pick out of the Shocker camp.

I'm thinking there could be 2 - possibly 3 - NBA-caliber players in this Fr class.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  Basketball recruits with high Basketball IQ's are a beautiful thing to watch.
                  he reminds me of fred van vleet in high school (looking at the videos).. but he's 6'3"!

the eagle had an article the other day about some all-time diamond in the rough pg that ku had picked up. hey, they can have him.. i'll take diamond in the rough corey henderson junior, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    The Shox have had an amazing run of PG's. Henderson gets two years to study VanVleet's elusiveness and deception with the ball. If he can pcik up some of those skills, at his height and with his shooting touch, I think he could be another NBA pick out of the Shocker camp.

I'm thinking there could be 2 - possibly 3 - NBA-caliber players in this Fr class.
                    No. That's hyperbole. You can't say that on shockernet

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                      No. That's hyperbole. You can't say that on shockernet
                      Well, I certainly never have.

Comment

I don't even know how to speak hyperbolese.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          I don't even know how to speak hyperbolese.
                          How are they doing in the World Cup?
                          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Can we get back to the Pick-Up Games?

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

i found this while i was perusing yahoo news, national news, not just sports (although it was a link to nbc.. but still..).

Last edited by another shocker; June 22, 2014, 01:03 AM.

Comment

I briefly ran into Gregg & Lynn yesterday at the Air Capital Classic. He was smiling ear to ear as we talked about the talent and depth of this years rooster. Of course he didn't go into detail, however he alluded that early in the process there is no reason to believe that expectations shouldn't change from the past two years. He was almost giddy. Is it October yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X