No announcement yet.

An Informal Poll or What Is Your Guess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I'm going to pull the AGE card and take two guesses.

6 - if they weigh heavy on what the coach has accomplished recently over the last 5-7 years

13 - if they don't

Comment

Comment

Yes, he's going all the way to 11.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Lucky 13

Comment

Comment

Marshall is perhaps "too new" to many folks to crack the top ten; this purely subjective ranking relies heavily on name recognition (what has Mark Few done lately?) and therefore I suspect Larry Brown will make it on his (very worthy) accomplishments, albeit less impressive "lately" than in years past. My guess? #12

Comment

#24 is Davidson's Bob McKillop: http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/pa...n-bob-mckillop
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I think Marshall comes out ~10 given. Buy deserves top 5.

Comment

Here's a question:
                        How hard will I laugh if McD is in the top 25?

I did notice Altman outside of 50 and I noticed I hadn't seen McD yet. He wasn't even mentioned on that outside looking in list, so I'm anxious to see if they are really going to rank him high based on Doug. I hope the write up says "#such and such, because Doug"

Comment

Comment

I have no idea where outsiders would rank Coach Marshall. But I will say that I would not trade him today for any other Head Coach in the country.

3G has been absolutely the perfect fit for Wichita State. Is there any coach in the country that you think could come to Wichita State and exceed what Coach Marshall has accomplished? OTOH, I think Gregg could go just about anywhere and be successful. However, I'm not sure how many big name coaches could be highly successful if they moved from their current gigs to Wichita State.

Comment

Keep in mind that this poll is supposed to be "Which coaches are doing the best job right now?"

I had Marshall at 8. After thinking about it, I could see him higher, if they really emphasize right now as much as they say they will. I mean he was this year's NCOY and all.

The other top 7 I came up with (in no particular order):
                              1. Coach K
                              2. Izzo
                              3. Boeheim
                              4. Beilein
                              5. Ollie
                              6. Self (I know, I know)
                              7. Pitino

What do you think?

Comment

McD at 23.
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X