Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    McD at 23.
    I’m looking forward to the upcoming comments on this one.

I’ll start them off by just saying gene pool does not equate to coaching ability. This ranking is way too high for Chewy.

Comment

My new guess is that Hoiberg is #1 and Jacobson is #2 given how much better each of them did than the #23 coach on this list after he left their respective schools.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
        My new guess is that Hoiberg is #1 and Jacobson is #2 given how much better each of them did than the #23 coach on this list after he left their respective schools.
        That's good stuff right there.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
          Keep in mind that this poll is supposed to be "Which coaches are doing the best job right now?"

I had Marshall at 8. After thinking about it, I could see him higher, if they really emphasize right now as much as they say they will. I mean he was this year's NCOY and all.

The other top 7 I came up with (in no particular order):
          1. Coach K
          2. Izzo
          3. Boeheim
          4. Beilein
          5. Ollie
          6. Self (I know, I know)
          7. Pitino

What do you think?
          Pitino is interchangeable with Boeheim. Self is up there with them in the 3-5 range. Beilein is the only one without a ring.
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
            I am laughing pretty hard about all this. I think my favorite part is that the write up practically apologizes for where he is, says he's only there because of recent success and not any future expectation, and even says "because Doug"

It was like the author actually has it right. I think everyone knows what is about to happen in Omaha.

I do like the guy, though. I hate to rag too much, but come on... #23? I'd take Ben Jacobsen right now over McD and he was about #60 if you count the outside looking in list

Comment

Mcd #23 lolol
              #ShockerNation #GoShox #GoShockers Follow me on twitter @ColinMatthew21

Comment

Wait guys. The last paragraph of the write up compromises all of its credibility. It said creighton also loses Gibbs to graduation.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                  I'd take Ben Jacobsen right now over McD and he was about #60 if you count the outside looking in list
                  If this list is all about the here and now, I don't get how Ben is listed either. Forget NCAA success. Northern Iowa hasn't won a game at Arch Madness since they beat us in the 2010 title game.
                  78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    If this list is all about the here and now, I don't get how Ben is listed either. Forget NCAA success. Northern Iowa hasn't won a game at Arch Madness since they beat us in the 2010 title game.
                    But when he had players, they were really good. I still think Jacobsen is awesome. It's not like the back to back team had 5 star players either. He just needs moderate talent but its hard to get that up there. However, you are right because they really haven't done anything lately. Whoever placed him where he is must have a good memory.

I stand by my Jacobsen over McD position though. And just think if UNI had Doug instead...

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                      Wait guys. The last paragraph of the write up compromises all of its credibility. It said creighton also loses Gibbs to graduation.
                      He's a double PHD. We should be jealous we don't have any doctors on our team.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

You could argue McD UNDERachieved a fair bit the past few years. How many 3time AA's never made the S16? Won only 1 conference title? Theyve had a nice run the past 4 years in a program that has been remarkably consistent the past ~15 years. But there arent really any peaks to hang your hat on, outside of having your kid play for you.
                        YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Shock View Post
                          You could argue McD UNDERachieved a fair bit the past few years. How many 3time AA's never made the S16? Won only 1 conference title? Theyve had a nice run the past 4 years in a program that has been remarkably consistent the past ~15 years. But there arent really any peaks to hang your hat on, outside of having your kid play for you.
                          But bro, Creighton isn't a mid-major anymore.

​Tips fedora. Hangs it up.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

This is such a what have you done for me lately poll. Quite frankly a horrible list in my opinion. I mean Richard Pitino gets in the top 50 and hasn't even really recruited yet? McDermott at 23, I mean I'm not nearly the CU basher most of you are, but come on, if it weren't for Jr. he may not even be at CU still. On the upside, not that isn't deserved, I think Marshall will easily be top 10.

Edit: Furthermore, how does Dana, who has 3 NCAA tourney's in the last 2 years not even make the list? It is like Dana also raped that girl. Quite frankly, just an aggravatingly bad list.
                            Last edited by Heinro; June 4, 2014, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Here is the list down to #22.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

If you need a membership to read, let me know and I will post the list.

I would never have ranked Coach McDermott at #23.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

The way ESPN is releasing the list leaves a lot to be desired.

Coach Larry Brown in #21.

Go here for the list of 50-21. http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/pa...mu-larry-brown

Drib, drip, drip, drip.
                                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X