• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
    Good news is:
    Obama 39,741 54%
    Clinton 32,353 44%
    Hillary disagrees and thinks your mother is an idiot! :D

Comment

PT fouls out again with only 18 minutes played? Coach wants to play him more but he fouls out so quick.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

The only complaint I had with the coach was subbing Ramone out for Durley -- offense/defense. Clearly, Durly was choking big time... you could see it in his eyes. Should have Ramone in shooting the free throws.

Comment

I get the feeling that Marshall expects the players to be a little tougher. We're talking about men here, they're not little boys. Some of them have been playing this game for a long, long time, and to simply not make a play that counts is worth getting a little heated over, especially when it happens repeatedly.

Some kids will respond favorably to it, some won't. I'm not sure exactly how many of these guys respond well to it. If you've been babied your whole life, led to believe how great you are and not had to work harder than most for it, I half expect a player to fold under the pressure. I don't think Marshall will want that kind of player next season.

I cannot expect Marshall to change who he is, he's going down fighting, even if the guys aren't.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
            Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
            Marshall deserves some of the criticism for the loss.
            he cant go to line and shoot the free throws for them
            Shockers shot 67% from the line, almost exactly with their .669 average.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

We need to recruit some of those athletes Drake has...

We need the kind of player that will develop throughout the year...

We need self-motivated, self-directed, self-starters, who also happen to be independent thinkers who can close out games without supervision...

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                Good news is:
                Obama 39,741 54%
                Clinton 32,353 44%
                Hillary disagrees and thinks your mother is an idiot! :D
                ;-)

Comment

He could tell the team to remain aggressive.
                  He could keep RC in the game and JT out of the game.
                  He could have put WP into the game so the starters were more rested at the end; any warm body would have done as well as the players on the court did when the lead went from 21 to 0.
                  He could tell Matt, Gal, PJ, etc. to take open shots, even if the shot clock had lots of time remaining.
                  The trees had a player (Martin??) shooting around 60% for free throws; with 10 seconds left (and assuming he was in the game - I don't recall), perhaps he could be fouled??
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

and we missed something like 4 out of our last 6, these players arent mentily tough and that isnt on the coach. That is something you just have on your own
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Do you remember when WSU got a big lead on Creighton in Omaha three years ago? Do you remember Dana trying combination after combination until he found one that worked? (BTW: Creighton won that game.) As our 21 point lead was slipping away, did you see Marshall doing the same thing?
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

and we missed something like 4 out of our last 6, these players arent mentily tough and that isnt on the coach. That is something you just have on your own
                        Look, 4 out of the last 6 isn't the problem. It was the 21 points before that.

"It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby!"

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

This should pretty much squeeze any remaining expectations out of the majority of Shocker fans and perhaps even the team itself.

I find it hard to believe we can get any lower than we are tonight.

Maybe I shouldn't say that the way things have gone this year.

We keep having these character building moments, but never seem to actually have enough of that commodity to really make a difference in the end.

:(

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                            This should pretty much squeeze any remaining expectations out of the majority of Shocker fans and perhaps even the team itself.

I find it hard to believe we can get any lower than we are tonight.

Maybe I shouldn't say that the way things have gone this year.

We keep having these character building moments, but never seem to actually have enough of that commodity to really make a difference in the end.

:(
                            Very well said. I would like to add

"Goodnight and good luck"
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

1972: Maybe we should cancel basketball, wait seven years, hire an outstanding assistant coach from Oklahoma, restart basketball and play in the national championship game five years later. What do you think?

Comment

The team has stopped believing in themselves. When they take a nice lead they seem to know only one thing and that is, somethings going to happen and we're not going to win." I believe the more they allow this to happen the less they believe in themselves. Your right, each and every player has to deal with their mental attitude on their own. It's like they hit the panic button, when a team makes a run and the game goes South from there on. It becomes a collective thing then because this defeated attitude spreads. What you believe in your mind has alot of influence over your behavior. :( :( :(

Comment

Working...
                                X