Credit is due

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
    I'm not a big donor, just a fan, but at three different sports, he has said hello to me...not because it's me, whom he does not know, but I think that's his nature. The way he works, I guess....

I can second that..
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
      And then there's a sourpuss in every crowd...

ShockRef on Sexton sounds like DU on Stephenson. Fun, fun, fun.
      With all the new advanced cloning technology available today, it would be sweet to see them fuse half of Graham Hatch's DNA with half of Eric Sexton's DNA and then inject the sperm into a Nancy Pelosi and Brooklyn Decker hybrid egg (if you don't know who Decker is, just Google her and thank me later). Then when the child is born present the child to @ShockRef: and see what happens. Science is sweet!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        And then there's a sourpuss in every crowd...

ShockRef on Sexton sounds like DU on Stephenson. Fun, fun, fun.
        How about Kung Wu on Doug Elgin?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          How about Kung Wu on Doug Elgin?
          Does anyone around like Elgin?

Comment

With all the new advanced cloning technology available today, it would be sweet to see them fuse half of Graham Hatch's DNA with half of Eric Sexton's DNA and then inject the sperm into a Nancy Pelosi and Brooklyn Decker hybrid egg (if you don't know who Decker is, just Google her and thank me later). Then when the child is born present the child to @ShockRef: and see what happens. Science is sweet!
            You picked a bad day to stop drinking and sniffing those sun dried Texas cow patties.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
              Does anyone around like Elgin?
              I'm thankful for him bringing us Marshall. But ironically his lack of vision may ultimately become the reason Marshall leaves. I can't say that's a net zero, but we need vision like RIGHT NOW while the Valley is getting love due to WSU's crazy success -- or step aside.

Comment

I'm thankful for him bringing us Marshall. But ironically his lack of vision may ultimately become the reason Marshall leaves. I can't say that's a net zero, but we need vision like RIGHT NOW while the Valley is getting love due to WSU's crazy success -- or step aside.
                Here's a question. For MVC commish:

Elgin or Sexton?

Maybe Sexton's X factor that is hard to identify is pride/high standards. None of his strengths come off in public because they are actually found in his ability to judge and make decisions, not communicate publicly. I'm not saying it is, but I suppose it could be.

If Sexton were in charge of the MVC, maybe his expectations and pride would steer the conference toward something more viable... Unless there are things standing in Elgin's way that I know nothing about. Maybe he really is trying but it can't be done.

What I want in charge of the MVC is a proud person with high standards and MVC roots who gets angry at the fact that it is headed in the wrong direction.

I'm losing my train of thought and just spewing, but maybe one way to admit that credit is due is to look at what else is out there. I mean, what if Elgin was our AD? If Marshall ever wanted to leave, he'd just say "go right ahead because I never did anything to make you want to stay" and he'd go bring in a coach from an unsuccessful D-2 team or something who promises he WANTS to be relevant someday and is willing to try. I'd like to think Sexton might have landed something better than 300+ Loyola when Creighton left.
                Last edited by Dave Stalwart; May 3, 2014, 09:21 AM.

Comment

ShockRef and Veritas do bring up valid points.

ShockRef's point about Marshall will do whatever he wants, when he wants, without any bearing on Sexton, is probably pretty accurate. If Marshall wants to leave, I doubt Sexton will have any influence on him. If Marshall wants to stay, you give him what he wants. Any athletic director with a half a brain knows this. So, in that regard, Sexton isn't some kind of a super-genius.

The communication and ebb and flow of the athletic department definitely hasn't been run as smooth as the previous administration's. Sure, Sexton gets it done dollars and cents wise, but outside of that, what other big splash move has been done in his tenure? Yah, I'll give him a pat on the back for keeping things status quo and not f****** up a nice situation that was handed to him.

The baseball program has taken a dip under his watch. His hire is in year 1 and is yet to be determined. I guess his other hire, the softball coach, has found some success in year 2 or 3? (somebody help me here). But let's see if that translates to consistent success.

I can't remember the last time I've heard Sexton say something on a camera.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Hmmm who else do we hate?? What about the Kyle Weems guy? AMIRIGHT?!

Am I doing this right?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                      Hmmm who else do we hate?? What about the Kyle Weems guy? AMIRIGHT?!

Am I doing this right?
                      Well you have failed to make a personal attack on another poster, so no you aren't doing it right you silly amateur.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Shocks score on a suicide squeeze. I don't believe it. Good job Garrett.

Comment

Huh?
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                            Huh?
                            Wrong board. My bad. Although credit is still due to Garrett for the successful execution of the suicide squeeze.

ADES deserves no credit for that play however.

Comment

Did Sexton hire Jody Adams? Shockers winning their first and second MVC regular season championships in basketball the last two years and their first ever in softball today are impressive accomplishments for women's sports at WSU.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                                Did Sexton hire Jody Adams? Shockers winning their first and second MVC regular season championships in basketball the last two years and their first ever in softball today are impressive accomplishments for women's sports at WSU.
                                I seem to remember that Jody came right before Schaus left...literally, just several days before.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X