No announcement yet.

Credit is due

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shockref is and always will be the smalldick blowhard of Shockernet. What more can we say to make him look like an imbicile that he doesn't already say himself?
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

The board really misses Cold in the offseason. SR is simply an unfunny asshole with no entertainment value.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
        Ok, cue the ABC 'jump on the bandwagon' response and this post will be complete.

Amazing how happy people, especially when they are REALLY happy, want to heap praise even when it isn't justified.

That is all.
        You mean Linwood's boy isn't perfect. Throw him out of the family now before he damages our good Sexton name.

Signed

Eric's Cousin...thrice removed due to publicly speaking phobia

That is all...for now!!!

Comment

18 posts and 2 are negative to Eric, and they're by the same person. You guys got to stop sweating the small things.

Something I don't see mentioned often or now that I think, maybe not at all. But I love the fact that Eric is a son of Wichita. These are his roots, his dad is a legend of Wichita, he played golf at WSU, graduated from WSU, and has lead our Athletic Department to the highest it's ever been. The most success of any other time across all facets of athletics. Our athletes are students first, and that is obvious because of our graduation rates. The student athletes are out in our community making it better, we have no issues off the playing field with our SA's. He personally responds to emails even when they're pointing out problems that fans or donors have. He represents our community and university with class, and I'm 100% glad he's our AD.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I think that Sexton deserves a lot of credit for all of the begging and pleading that he has had to do to keep the money flowing in. Fundraising and managing money in the AD cannot be easy and he has shown that he is quite capable in that department. Also, while the verdict is still out on Butler, Sexton was responsible for the Bredbenner hire. It's starting to look like he knocked it out of the park on that one.

Comment

Boys, boys, boys...

Ease up on those E D pills like you're eating M&M's.
              Not only is it unhealthy, they can make you get on line, visit unsavory websites and even log on to SN & start making emotional, irrational posts.

There's no call for insulting posts of a personal nature. You guys love you some ADES; no question about that.
              But personal attacks are out of line. Besides, you're starting to hurt my feelings.

My other concern is poor rjl.
              Apparently, you have been peeking over my shoulder when going to the restroom and checking out my junk. Not only is that weird, it borders on a certain perversion that can get you in serious trouble.
              My unsolicited advice (because I care) is get some help dude. There are treatment programs for your problem.

That is all.
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

There's been plenty of time to screw things up since JS left. Awfully hard to argue against the athletic department is stronger than ever. The man deserves credit.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                  I think that Sexton deserves a lot of credit for all of the begging and pleading that he has had to do to keep the money flowing in. Fundraising and managing money in the AD cannot be easy and he has shown that he is quite capable in that department. Also, while the verdict is still out on Butler, Sexton was responsible for the Bredbenner hire. It's starting to look like he knocked it out of the park on that one.
                  Now this is one ADES observation and post I agree with. He does a very good job of shaking the right hands and keeping the cash flow coming in - no question about it.

See boys, I do give credit when it is deserved and warranted.

That is all.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                    Thanks for chiming in Mrs. Sexton.

HCGM staying put and continuing to drive the race car is all about his (and family) being content with the current situation. Just because your guy is on the pit crew doesn't mean he had anything to do with the outcome.

And no, if he moved on to another position, I would not blame your buddy. Quite simply, if and when the time comes, HCGM will move on no matter what. He (and his family) alone will make that decision.

Actually, the only person who would or could possibly have some influence owns a large corporation in town.
                    Remember that little tidbit, Sparky.

That is all.
                    Sexton is not a member of Marshall's pit crew. He is Marshall's boss. That had to be the worst metaphor I have ever read.

I agree with what you're trying to say. But I still say you undervalue what a boss can mean to a job. I have had real shitty bosses, and real good ones. But they all definitely affected whether I wanted to move on or not.

Marshall is one of the most, if not the most, sought after coach in the country the past two years. And he has stayed. Still say he deserves a lot of credit for it.

Comment

who was sexting who? Jenn "BCS boobs" Bates?

Comment

ShockRef...I'm funning with you more than anything. You are not unlike most posters on this fine forum (including ME); you're sometimes funny, sometimes insightful, sometimes have thin skin, sometimes behave like your entitled. But at the end of the day, you're a Shocker fan, which I am appreciative of more than anything.

That's all...for now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          sometimes behave like your entitled.

Sometimes??
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

As a manager, if I have a star performer who is exceeding production expectations and doing so within the ethical framework of the organization, my job is to stay out of his way until he asks for more resources and then my job is to allocate those resources. Sounds to me like ADES understands this and is therefore an effective manager.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                              As a manager, if I have a star performer who is exceeding production expectations and doing so within the ethical framework of the organization, my job is to stay out of his way until he asks for more resources and then my job is to allocate those resources. Sounds to me like ADES understands this and is therefore an effective manager.
                              Perhaps, but an effective manager does not equal an effective Leader.
                              Excluding
                              --- fHCGS handling
                              --- Still remaining in the MoVal
                              --- Lack of any new sports facilities
                              --- Lack of fiduciary control over the baseball program
                              --- bumble/mumble incident with the shot clock violation v CU
                              --- Failure to communicate any vision whatsoever
                              --- Lousy Shockervision product (though I think it has gotten better for basketball-- other sports including baseball sucks)
                              Excluding the aforementioned, I think he has done a BUGS bunny dandy job.

He seems good at raising money and following orders (fHCGS) and staying low. He's as good a puppet figure as we could wish for. Coaches like him because he's 3'-5" inches tall, has exceptional night vision, and washes their cars and takes care of their dry cleaning.
                              He does a lot of good mgmt stuff. But a Leader he isn't.

As long as HCGM is happy, I'm happy.
                              Last edited by Veritas; May 4, 2014, 01:26 PM. Reason: Added an additional exclusion on Shockervision

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X